Might get a fishing trip down to Key Largo

Discuss all of your General "Offshore" fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Might get a fishing trip down to Key Largo

Post by GoodOyster » Fri May 20, 2011 3:16 pm

My dad called last night and emailed some info this morning on making a fishing trip down to Key Largo next month (last weekend in June). He's been wanting to make a trip like that with me and my brother, and my brother can finally get down here from Virginia to do it. Dad's neighbor just got back from a trip down there and they got into the amberjack, mahi, tuna, yellowtail snappers, etc.The guide they used has a huge 40' Seahunter Tournament Edition with Triple 250 Yammies. The guide says he can have you over in the Bahamas in about 1.5 hours, or anywhere else you want to fish down there. Dad's neighbor is a pretty seasoned fisherman, and he was impressed with this guide and the comfort/speed of his boat, so we're gonna try to hook up with him as well. Should be a good trip if the weather cooperates, and I'm already wishing it was next week instead of next month!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Might get a fishing trip down to Key Largo

Post by DONY1 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:39 pm

What's his name or his boats name? He's only a 25 min. drive from me.

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Fri May 20, 2011 5:53 pm

It's Capt. Joe Petrucco (http://www.joepetrucco.com/index.html) we're trying to go with. Dad hasn't confirmed if he's booked it yet or not.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 am

Looks like it's on for sure! Dad got the guide and hotel booked, gonna target some tuna and dolphin (mahi) for sure, and Saturday target the yellowtail snapper, they are supposed to be spawning around the reefs at that time. Gonna be just three of us and the guide, we're gonna help catch bait, chum, gaff, etc. as needed to avoid the cost of an deckhand. I've gotta get a decent little video cam I can use on the water. Dad just turned 73 and is still pretty healthy, but I want to make the most of any time together and have some video and pics of our time together. Plus my brother is one of the luckiest fishermen you'll ever see, and knowing him he'll catch some kind of record tuna or something unexpected, like a wahoo. Man, the next 30 days can't go fast enough!
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 am

Good luck, wish I could hid in your luggage. I am still holding out hope I can get down to Islamorada at the end of the summer.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Return to “DEEP SEA FISHING FORUM”