Middle Grounds 6-17,18

Discuss all of your General "Offshore" fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Rod Father
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Middle Grounds 6-17,18

Post by Rod Father » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:59 am

You know the story, went out and pulled up pig after pig after pig. With a five man crew we had our limit of red snappers in an hour. Decided to run to another spot and pick up some mangroves, found a few here and there but mostly red snappers, vented and release. Moved a few more times with the sun coming up and started pulling up b-liners, porgies, and a few triggers. We didn't get as many mangroves this time not sure if they were not eating or the red snaps are so agressive their beating the mangs to the bait. Anyway had a great night time to next day trip with everyone exhausted and ready for bed.

Side note if anyone that fishes on the west coast out in the grounds and came accross a Jug-it bouey marker I would like to get it back, we were fishing so hard I didn't notice it floating away, its orange and brand new with a 2pd. weight on it. Thanks

Didn't get any night time pics but heres a few on the way in of a tired crew and a few of fish and box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod Father
scout

Re: Middle Grounds 6-17,18

Post by Rod Father » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 pm

more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod Father
scout

Post by Rod Father » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 pm

pics

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by bodysnatcher » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Man, that looks like you had a good time. I've been out there once and had a blast. I might have to start working on the wife for the $$ to do it again.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:46 pm

sweet trip congrats!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Nice going! Got me jonesing for my trip down to Key Largo later this week. Friday the focus is tuna, mahi, AJ, etc. Saturday morning we're planning to spend bottom fishing for mutton and yellowtails, and anything else that jumps on a circle hook. Hope we have as good a trip as y'all did!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

FISHORDIE
Tenderfoot

Post by FISHORDIE » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 am

congrats nice fish yall got there
(.Y.)

Return to “DEEP SEA FISHING FORUM”