Scoping my ML

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Black Powder Firearms.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Re: Scoping my ML

Post by nachogrande » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 pm

C's scope is that high so he can keep a subway hero there. and musta bought it from Minnie Pearl cuz the price tags still on it.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:33 am

Does anyone know if you can put a scope on a CVA Wolf with iron sights on it? Thanks.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 am

trouttouter wrote:Does anyone know if you can put a scope on a CVA Wolf with iron sights on it? Thanks.
I had to take the rear sight off. A 44mm scope would not fit, and I don't think a 40mm would either
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 am

look at Nikon.i love how clear they are and the price is good. i have Bushnell on my 2 50s and put a Nikon on my wife's dam i want it,

I like them so much i bought 3 last year my 06 my wife's 243 and her slug gun.

I have cva wolf with a 40 mm scope on it.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 am

I ended up buying a scope with 3" eye relief. Should have went with the one that had 4.5" eye relief. I bought see through rings and regular rings to see the difference. Going with the see through for now.
trouttouter wrote:Does anyone know if you can put a scope on a CVA Wolf with iron sights on it? Thanks.
Call Durasight (google it) and they will have everything you need. If you want to keep the iron sights you'll need see through rings. Or you can remove the sights and use regular rings.

doghunter
Star Scout

Post by doghunter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:
I had to take the rear sight off. A 44mm scope would not fit, and I don't think a 40mm would either
Me too. I had med height mounts with a 40mm outlet but it was a tight fit.
Team 'Tree Top Assassins'

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am

Are all of the CVA Wolfs tapped?

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm

scope mounts and rings come in so many diff heights you can fit almost anything. if you put a scope with a low end mag of 1-2 power you will likely never need or want to use the iron sights, plus they will give you an extra 15 minutes shooting time at dawn/dusk. if removing the iron sights will get your scope lower to the bbl, go for it imo. the odds of a total scope failure are pretty slim nowadays. I've had bases loosen/break but never a scope. also imo a low power scope with a heavy duplex reticle is faster to get on a close/moving target than open sights for me. don't get me wrong I like open sights, alot, just not both on the same gun. always a good idea to carry a spare in the truck. the most common cause of a guns failure for me is a bbl plugged with snow or mud.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks guys. Was trying to figure out if this muzzleloader for sale could have a scope mounted on it. It can and I bought it. Stoked!

Return to “BLACK POWDER HUNTING FORUM”