Idaho passed some interesting new rules...

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Black Powder Firearms.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Idaho passed some interesting new rules...

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Sorry, but I gotta respectfully raise the flag on that one. Doing away with inlines would be suicide to hunting in the state
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:16 pm

I'd think the same thing. I for one would probably not pay for a muzzleloader stamp if that happened. If they added a season I'd do it but not if inlines were taken away. I love my smoke pole.

lonehunter

Post by lonehunter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:I cut my teeth on a T/c Hawken, and patched round balls. I will admit I am an inline guy now, but would LOVE to see Fla go to some select traditional m/l quota hunts. I would drag them back out of retirement
I would support that, Not to take away from the inline group but a traditional season would be nice to see.
Flintlock, The only ignition system approved by god!

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:I cut my teeth on a T/c Hawken, and patched round balls. I will admit I am an inline guy now, but would LOVE to see Fla go to some select traditional m/l quota hunts. I would drag them back out of retirement

I would not like it. My eyes are not what they use to be, me like the scope. Otherwise I would have to point and shoot I don't mind the powder part i use that on one inline now. I also don't mind the load i use a power belt not a sabot. That i believe meet the dimension requirement.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:04 pm

blackpowderscout wrote:I think FL should have a muzzleloader just like they do now AND THEN have a primitive along the lines of what Idaho and other states have....but Florida should simply add more days to the hunting season. So there would be no loss for anyone and a net gain in the number of days during the season.
Yep a primitive weapons season would be great. I agree.

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 am

There is no reason they couldn't divide it for traditional first, then in-lines.
So many people I run into are toting the latest, greatest modern in-lines just to get a couple days in before GG people.
They would not even consider using a traditional bp rifle.

I am not sure why pistils would not be allowed thou.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:12 am

Well it doesn't say in lines are not allowed. I have percussion cap in line. The ignition is exposed.

Return to “BLACK POWDER HUNTING FORUM”