?? for you traditional guys

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Black Powder Firearms.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

?? for you traditional guys

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 am

I decided to drag out my dads old TC Renegade and carry it with me this coming weekend. On going thru all the old traditional stuff, all of the buffalo balls, etc have wax/lube on them that is 30+ years old. Naturally it is dried out and crumbling or turned to dust

Is there something I can get rather quick and easily find to "lube my balls up"?
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: ?? for you traditional guys

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 am

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Natural Lube 1000 Bore Butter or something similar like T17. Most places will have it. I'm pretty sure that's the lube they came with anyways back then. At any rate it'll work fine to re-lube them.

"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks man. I actually had a tube of it, but it was older than you. About the consistency of frozen peanut butter. Went and got a new one. I got a wild hair to go old school this weekend. Assuming I can get this old gun to shoot!
Today I put about 15 grains of powder and stuffed a patch on top of it, put a #11 on it and it went boom. When I get to camp tomorrow I'll see if I can hit a pie plate

Return to “BLACK POWDER HUNTING FORUM”