BLUE PETE LAKE @ Archer, FL

Discuss all your Freshwater Fishing here. Tell us about that killer bass you caught!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

SWAMPFOX
scout

BLUE PETE LAKE @ Archer, FL

Post by SWAMPFOX » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Anyone have any info on accessibility of Blue Pete Lake near Archer, southwest of Gainesville?
Thanks.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: BLUE PETE LAKE @ Archer, FL

Post by Bossman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Swampfox, where are you from? That place has dried up to almost nothing. Chances are that nobody else on this forum will know anything about this place. It is a Private peice of property that is owned by the Hipps and is posted. I grew up fishing that lake back when it reached all the way out to hwy. 27. My dad use to work with Ralph Hipp who owned that property. Back in the day it was unbelievable fishing and was nothing to catch 8 lbs. + bass. It dyied up 8-10 years ago and now it just has a hole in the back of the lake that is not near as big. I drove by there today and saw that the water is trying to come back some but still just in the back. Small world that I just went by there today and looked at it come home and read a thread about it.

:saluting
Bossman

SWAMPFOX
scout

Re: BLUE PETE LAKE @ Archer, FL

Post by SWAMPFOX » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks for the info, Bossman. I do appreciate. I was just surfing around looking for some off beat fishing holes and saw it and thought I'd try to get some info on it. I'm from Jacksonville and I didn't want to spend gas money going to dried up lake.

One thing I've discovered is there are a lot of lakes around that area that are no more. A couple of years back I made the trek to Water Melon Pond in that general vicinity and found that it was in about the same shape as Blue Pete.

Thanks again.

Return to “BASS FISHING AND ALL FRESHWATER FORUM”