Taking pops fishing

Discuss all your Freshwater Fishing here. Tell us about that killer bass you caught!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Taking pops fishing

Post by Bossman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Well, we're gonna try and make a fishing trip in the morning and see if we can catch a Speck or two. I hope that we have good weather in the morning but can never tell. I have heard mixed forecast for rain tomorrow. But we can't predict rain that far out and we'll see. Pops is looking forward to the trip. He has spent 2-3 days last week getting his gear ready. I washed the boat this morning and loaded it up. I knokw that these trips are numbered and we have to take advantage of them when I can. Someone put it every well yesterday when they said that dad did a flip. Meaning now it is time for me to take him fishing and do for him like he did for me as a child. Bait the hook and guide him to the best holes and give him the best chance for catching the most fish. At 80 years old the most important thing is just to have quality time with pops. Hoprfully we'll have some good pictures to post and another day to remember.

:saluting
Bossman

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Taking pops fishing

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Try to not break your arm this time :tung
Good luck and have fun. Post pics!!
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Hey!!! made it back and didn't break an arm. We left out this morming at 7:00 and was in the water by 7:40. We had a small brease but nothing that was very bad. we started catching fish and drifting through the lilly pads. Most of all the fish that we caught were on the edge of the lilly pads. When we left around 12:30 the wind had just picked up and started blowing hard and by the time that we got the boat loaded it was white capping. We keep 25 that were a good size and probally throwed back 10-15. It was a good day with pops and back in one piece.

:saluting
Bossman

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:48 pm

ImageImageImage

Bossman
Bossman

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:39 pm

outstanding!!! wish I could take my Dad out fishing.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:12 am

I'm more impressed with that cleaning table :flag2
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

graybellplumb
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by graybellplumb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm

That's quite a setup.My wife wish I had that when I clean.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:57 am

Bossman,
Great pictures and a great thing to take your Dad. Reminds me of many years ago when my Dad would take me fishing for specks on Lake Jessup. Some times we used minnows, but he liked to troll with little tiny Mirror Lurers and I got to run the old Elgin motor that we put on a cypress rental boat at Black Hammock Fish Camp. He would catch some of the biggest specks on those tiny plugs. They say you're getting old when you reminisce, but pictures like this bring back floods of memories. Thanks Bossman!
Treefarmer

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh yeah! That's some good eating right there brother! Great job. I'm waiting for my invite to the fish fry :>) I'll bring the cheese grits and sweet tea!

Return to “BASS FISHING AND ALL FRESHWATER FORUM”