Hanging tent

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Outdoor Wilderness Survival Tips, Stories, and Methods of Survival in the Wilderness.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Hanging tent

Post by DONY1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:39 pm

I was just cruising craigslist and found this ad. http://www.standingroomtents.com/
A couple years ago I saw the same one that a buddy of mine has. I just had to have 1. I found out they were originally made for wally world and they were discontinued. I searched high and low but couldn't find one in a store. Found a couple on ebay but they went for upwards of $300 and I passed.

I finally found 1 one day on ebay right after it was posted and got in touch with the guy. Talked him down to around $150 for a buy it now and took it. They were originally sold at ww for $59. Then I accidently found an online store in Arizona that had the smaller ones. I think they had 5 so I bought 3 for like $50 each. I gave 1 to my hunting buddy and kept the other 2. These things are great and go up in 5 min. Johnl has seen mine and can attest to how much room there is in these things. It's amazing how much difference there is with straight walls. It's about the same size as a small bedroom. I set up 1 gazebo with the tent and put another gazebo up for a porch roof. Takes about 10 min total. I brought the other 2 with me on the father/son camping trip I did in Feb and the other guys all wanted to buy mine on the spot. I've already passed the word to them and know 2 dads are picking up 1. I'm gonna go ahead and get another large 1 too. Thought I'd pass it on to any of you guys in the market for a new tent. I'll post picks of my camp set up from my turkey quota hunt. Total camp set up time is less than 30 min till I pour a rum and coke.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Re: Hanging tent

Post by DONY1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 pm

that is pretty slick!

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 am

I have a tent similar to this, it is split into 2 bedrooms and a front porch that you can stand up in. They are the best. Especially when its in the 20"s and your trying to get into your insulated bibs and jacket before heading outside.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 am

I like it..........
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

jrfritz247
scout

Post by jrfritz247 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am

Thank you for the link, I have been looking for a replacement for more than a year.

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:55 am

NICE. That makes a HUGE base camp and very fast. Great find!
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Return to “WILDERNESS SURVIVAL & BACKPACKING FORUM”