Dehydration

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Outdoor Wilderness Survival Tips, Stories, and Methods of Survival in the Wilderness.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Dehydration

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:11 pm

I know a lot of us are out there now doing our pre season deal. With it hot and high humidity, dehydration is very real. Happened to me yesterday. I didn't drink enough before we got started filling feeders and stuff. I felt my body respond to it and knew it was time to quit. Ended up counting and i had sweated thru 5 shirts before we called it a day. I went from about 7am till 9:30 last night without peeing. I drank a lot of fluid, but it was too little too late. Today i forced a 1/2 gallon of water down before i ever left the camp.
Be careful out there gents. Today my partner got dizzy and light headed. I made him sit down and i did his work for him

Sent from my DROID RAZR
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

kc45
Troop Bugler

Re: Dehydration

Post by kc45 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:24 pm

I wear a Camelbak and drink water constantly while out.
I make sure I have to pee every 2-3 hours.
Heat stroke can and does kill people.
Please be very careful.

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Re: Dehydration

Post by blackpowderscout » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't normally carry these since I usually don't need them but they do work. I have used them (not this brand but ORS in general) overseas and a few times here in the states when I had stomach problems resulting in lots of vomiting etc. They are a lightweight way of coming back from the brink so to speak...

http://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Medical ... B000FLV0CG
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Return to “WILDERNESS SURVIVAL & BACKPACKING FORUM”