The Wild Within

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Outdoor Wilderness Survival Tips, Stories, and Methods of Survival in the Wilderness.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

The Wild Within

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:56 am

New show on Travel Channel, "The Wild Within". So far I like what I've seen. This guy lives off the land as much as possible, has a code he follows and grew up with about using what you kill, respecting the life that is taken to sustain your own. He understands and is able to show the sporting side as well as the "spiritual" aspects of hunting, fishing, why we do it. He hunts with all manner of weapons, from killing boar in Hawaii with a knife, chasing buffalo on the plains with a flintlock, bowhunting for elk in Montana, or taking caribou with a rifle from across the tundra. He also does various types of fishing, collecting berries and mushrooms, edible plants, herbs, etc.

He also knows how to cook the food, how to use wild ingredients to make it better, etc. He's basically a survival guy who instead of trying to show you how to get out of the wilderness, he wants to show you how to enjoy and get the most out of your time with nature and the bounty she affords us.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

lamehawk
Silver Contributer
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: The Wild Within

Post by lamehawk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 am

living natural but try and do it and the man will bring you down most of the time
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Return to “WILDERNESS SURVIVAL & BACKPACKING FORUM”