Hmmm, saw something this morning...

This is a forum to discuss any BigFoot, SkunkApe or any Weird sightings or info.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

Hmmm, saw something this morning...

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

Well, I guess this can be in the "Weird Sightings" category. My wife and I were out for our morning bike ride about 830am today and were on a trail that skirts the south side of Lake Park here in North Hillsborough back in the woods. We had just gotten on the trail by crossing a wooden bridge and were heading north when we both saw something about 75yrds (est) up on the trail that crossed from right to left very quickly. My wife thought it was someone coming our way on a bike so she pulled in behind me but I really didn't make out what it was because all I saw was a large black form moving across the trail. The problem with the bike rider explanation is twofold, first of all no one every came our way, we were the only ones out there and secondly where the object crossed was into heavy woods and swamp going into Lake Park. Now I'm not saying it was a Skunk Ape but man it sure was weird. I've seen plenty of deer back there at times along with gators and such. So I guess it could have been a bear but it was very tall whatever it was. :eek

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Hmmm, saw something this morning...

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Not sure exactly where you were... Were you near Whirley rd?(Whirley runs N/S right behind the park). Reason I ask, I have a customer on that road and their neighbor has emu's that have been known to get out on occasion

Other than that, it musta been a skunkape
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

I think the First Lady is on her way to Hawaii, so that rules out that possibility...
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Haha, yep it could've been the first lady...the Hawaii flight thing probably was a decoy!!

Never thought about an emu I guess it could've been that as well. We were near Whirley Rd. Really couldn't make it out though to be sure.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm

For sure a first lady skunk ape!

:saluting
Bossman

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:51 pm

There's a bunch of hogs in that area too. i know two different people who have trapped at the church on the other side of Van Dyke, and at St Tims up the road
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:There's a bunch of hogs in that area too. i know two different people who have trapped at the church on the other side of Van Dyke, and at St Tims up the road
No it was too tall to be a hog unless it was running on its hind legs.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Chupacabra on stilts then....

Return to “OFFICIAL BIG FOOT, SKUNK APE & WEIRD SIGHTINGS FORUM”