Bigfoot?

This is a forum to discuss any BigFoot, SkunkApe or any Weird sightings or info.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

brywright6296
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Bigfoot?

Post by brywright6296 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:07 am

Okay so I was coming out of the woods today at about 10:30pm. Yes I know its kinda late and no I was not poaching. I started hunting at 6am. Okay so I had shot 2 deer and 3 hogs the last hog at 7pm let it sit for an hour and a half then went to track it down. Retrieved my hog fine no problems there now for the trip down the 7mi road out. bout 3mi down the road I see a thing cross the road I hit my brakes immediately hard at first I thought it was this stupid bear that likes to rub my treestand. But I was like its to tall and to wide. Then it started to walk some more but with super long strides. My buddy was like Wtf is that he grabbed my .270 and watched it thru the scope as much as he could see. We looked at each other and said dude that's a bigfoot maybe 8ft tall 4-5ft wide crossed a 18-22ft wide road in 2-3 strides. As I got in the truck to drive on up some more I smelt this nasty nasty nasty smell were it crossed. Like hogs that have been in the mud for months dead. Idk what I saw I'm positive it was a skunk ape. No person is dumb enough to walk on my property besides I have a 6ft game fence up but in one spot and that's a 7ft deep swamp

davedirt
Ordeal

Re: Bigfoot?

Post by davedirt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:04 am

Was said 270 uloaded? Why don't we have body? Where was this?
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:14 am

Cast of tracks?
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS

ROLL TIDE

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 am

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:53 am

If you shot a hog at 7PM, you musta had a feeder light or a spotlight. It's black dark at 6, and we are just two days past a new moon
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 pm

davedirt wrote:Was said 270 uloaded? Why don't we have body? Where was this?
Why would you shoot at something you can't positively identify that wasn't attacking you, especially at night?
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm

9' tall and 5' wide it needs killing....... And Good oyster why don't you lighten up.......you ever herd of satire..... and if you are going to shot hogs at 7:00 pm then why not bigfoot........come on man.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS

ROLL TIDE

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Sorry, I don't "lighten up" about hunter and firearms safety. I don't care if you meant it to be "satire" or not. You want to question his account of what happened, make jokes about it being bigfoot, etc. that's fine. You want to question why he was hunting hogs at night (which is legal), go ahead. I just have to question why anyone would propose shooting at something (even in jest) when you can't identify it and it isn't attacking you or putting someone else in danger.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:18 pm

WOW........You make a lot of assumtions..........
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS

ROLL TIDE

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Dont make assumptions here fellas -- Huntin hogs at night is not illegal -He states it is private land - only using lights to hunt hogs at night is illegal - if he has a open area and good optics shootin pigs is easy -buy a GOOD scope you will see what I mean -a cheap scope dont have the light gathering ability built in - only poachin if he was using lights with out a permit -

I am also PRO KILL on a Squatch - 1 is needed for proof - whole diff topic needed there
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:50 pm

The important issue here is weather or not said hunters were wearing required amount of daytime flourescent blaze orange?

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:11 pm

The only reason I ask if 270 was loaded is that any one who knows gun safety is that you don't use your rifle scope as a spoting scope. Also this is the Bigfoot page and not reagular hunting page.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS

ROLL TIDE

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:14 pm

OldCrab wrote:Dont make assumptions here fellas -- Huntin hogs at night is not illegal -He states it is private land - only using lights to hunt hogs at night is illegal - if he has a open area and good optics shootin pigs is easy -buy a GOOD scope you will see what I mean -a cheap scope dont have the light gathering ability built in - only poachin if he was using lights with out a permit -

I am also PRO KILL on a Squatch - 1 is needed for proof - whole diff topic needed there
Perfectly legal to hunt hogs at night with lights on private land

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm

NAH, the real issue is why he werent using a 223,lol. then he mighta had 4 deer and 6 hogs. must have a hungry family, and a big walk in cooler.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 pm

cool did not realize it was changed

Updated 08/24/2012 02:29 PM
Can hogs be hunted at night or with a light on private lands?

On private lands with landowner permission:
•Wild hogs may be taken year-round by any legal means (using legal weapons, dogs, traps, etc.)
•No hunting license is required, even if you are a nonresident.
•A gun and light at night permit is no longer required to take wild hogs at night with a gun and light on private lands.
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Return to “OFFICIAL BIG FOOT, SKUNK APE & WEIRD SIGHTINGS FORUM”