My First Encounter !

This is a forum to discuss any BigFoot, SkunkApe or any Weird sightings or info.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

cryptoseeker
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

My First Encounter !

Post by cryptoseeker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Here is why I got started in researching the big guy ............ Let me start out by describing the area , This took place in what WAS a small town just north of Tampa, Fl ( Citrus Park ) . It was primarily made up of woods, swamps, cattle ranches, dairy farms and orange groves . My grandmother had a half acre of land that backed up to a very large stretch of woods .
My encounters started when I was about nine years of age , my bedroom was in the back of the home and we had no air conditioning so windows had to be open during the summer . Anywhere from eleven pm on , this " being " would come to my back window and stare in at me . There were even a few times that it would try to fit its head in between the window panes .
I would scream for my g-ma and by the time she would get back there the " being" would be gone . This went on until I was about twelve and I got my wish to move into the bedroom up in the front . The encounters never happened to me in the front bedroom due to a shed that was blocking the window .

The next thing to happen was when I was sixteen , My sister had moved a trailer in behind my g-mas home a few years earlier and her and her husband were off for the night . My g-ma was home alone and it was around eleven pm when she noticed that my sisters two dogs were going nuts . She grabbed her gun and a flash light and took off behind my sisters place . When she came around the corner she saw the dogs running for the fence barking and then running back for the trailer and whining . Just as she took a step toward the fence she raised the flashlight up and spotted something huge and dark standing amongst the tree line . She then took another step toward the fence and caught a whiff of something that took her breath away . When this happened she fired a shot into the ground and this thing took off into the woods .

I grew up with these or this " being " for numerous years and with my encounters and hearing the stories as a kid , It is what led me to researching these guys going on about fifteen to sixteen years now .

I have more things that happened around the area but they are pretty much second hand stories .
There were alot of sightings in the Citrus Park area but no one really reported them due to the fact that they didn't want to be criticized and the "old timers " didn't want people nosing around their property ....

The Thomas Ranch and the Geracies(not sure of sp) who had several cattle properties around Sheldon Rd and Gunn Hwy had issues with a
"THING" that was killing their cattle .
What was so puzzling to the ranchers was that they couldn't link the killings to any known predators . The local dairy farmers had issues too .

My G-mother who had a couple of friends in the Sheriffs dept & Hwy Patrol tell her of different stories and calls they would get and have to go investigate and how they were just dumb founded at what they saw or heard .
The Hwy Patrol officer ( SGT Harry Mofield ) had a few calls that were strange .

The one that was strange to me was the one about the orange grower who had someone that would eat anywhere between 15 to 20 some oranges in a night and who ever it was had HUGE feet . The Sgt went to investigate it and saw what was left of the oranges , saw the tracks which led to a bay head that turned into a massive swamp area . Well he told the grower he wasn't about to go tromping through the swamp for a very large orange thief . The grower told him of the strange noises that would come from the swamp and Sgt Harry told him that that made it even more in his decision of not going in there .......

Carolann :)

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: My First Encounter !

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Cool story. Tampa used to be all woods back in the day. I grew up here and remember the days when Citrus Park was nothing. We had a friend that had property on gunn hwy (Souther). I remember going out there as a kid and it was all woods.

Keep these stories coming :rockon:
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Good Story!

cryptoseeker
scout

Post by cryptoseeker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks ............ That name sounds familiar , where abouts did they live ?

........:)
GOT BIGFOOT !?
Cherokee Proud !
If We Knew What We Were Doing , It Wouldn't Be Called Research --- A Einstein

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 am

:rockon: To the big man.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 am

cryptoseeker wrote:Thanks ............ That name sounds familiar , where abouts did they live ?

........:)
Honestly, I can't remember now. I know it was on Gunn on the North side of road, probably about where Henderson is now.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

cryptoseeker
scout

Post by cryptoseeker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:07 am

Hmmm the name sounds familiar but I didnt know any one over there .
Lets see if you know any of these people

Wendy Coker ( Solomon )
Kenny Anthony
The Conkles
Any one from around the area where the mall sits ?
GOT BIGFOOT !?
Cherokee Proud !
If We Knew What We Were Doing , It Wouldn't Be Called Research --- A Einstein

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:54 am

Can't say any of those names strike a cord with me

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:01 pm

what about harry?
harry and the hendersons? :thumbs up:

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 pm

"lol" "lol" "lol"

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:28 pm

houseofmicah wrote:what about harry?
harry and the hendersons? :thumbs up:
My kids loved that movie.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:20 pm

me too. i bet my kids would enjoy it as well

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:04 pm

kinda spooky if the old sasquatch is a peeping tom. a regular peeping tom would freak anyone out, let alone a giant hairy beast stickin his head in your window.

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:34 pm

no, seriously, i dont think i could remain calm if that big bastard was peekin in my window. i would freak the :censored: out.

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by flhuntfish » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Yep thats why i live on the third floor "lol"

Return to “OFFICIAL BIG FOOT, SKUNK APE & WEIRD SIGHTINGS FORUM”