What's strange things have happened to you while hunting

This is a forum to discuss any BigFoot, SkunkApe or any Weird sightings or info.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

ReefRat
scout

What's strange things have happened to you while hunting

Post by ReefRat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm

I'll start this off, hopefully others will chime in and share their stories.

Scouted a new area to hunt on public land. Huge area 60,000 -70,000 acres. Found good sign and a good spot for a tree stand. Truck to trail was easy to navigate even in the dark. From trail to tree stand I had to walk through the woods, cross a couple of small creeks and more walking in the woods. It was probably around 1/2 to 3/4 mile off trail so I flagged my way out and put up cat eyes so I could find my in the next morning. It was probably around 4:00PM when I got back to the truck. It would be dark in about 2 hours. Got up the next morning for my hunt. Drove to my parking spot and walked down the trail to where my first cat eys was to make the trek through the woods back to my tree stand. I loooked for that cat eye until daylight, never found it. Started back tracking to the spot where I knewI went into the woods. Found my original spot and made my way back to where I put my treestand up. Someone had taken down all my flagging and removed all the cat eyes I put up the day before. Treestand was still there but the path I marked wasn't. Really weird.

On another trip, same place, different year, did a morning hunt out of my treestand. No luck so I got down and went back to the truck for lunch and a nap. Went back to the stand around 3:30. All around mytreestand there were barefoot impressions in the sand. Looked like 3-4 people had been walking around my stand while I was away. All the tracks were of bare feet, no shoes or boots. I never saw or heard anyone while hunting but it sure made me feel uneasy wondering who put them there.

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: What's strange things have happened to you while hunting

Post by bodysnatcher » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Welcome to the site. It sounds like cr0ck was around youe treestand. :lol:
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 pm

possibly the SKANKAPE, she gets around, ask John for her #
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by flhuntfish » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 pm

People are always rippin down markers and takin cateyes. Thats public land for ya :toast

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 pm

The first time I met Cr0ck I took him hunting. I saw him walk out of our shower house with no clothes and ask me to bring him his towel
Scared the crap out of me, and I haven't been back in that shower house since
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

gee thanks for sharing, NOT!!!
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 pm

nacho grande wrote:gee thanks for sharing, NOT!!!
That's what he said to cr0ck. :lol:
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

This past weekend hunting a WMA. There was a scary straight 1000 yard long by 4 foot wide trail cut through the swamp all the way to the uplands. Someone had cut down a whole cabbage palm tree, tried to cut down a few other ones, hacked up hundreds of palmettos, and even took branches and chunks off oaks...... with a machette. My cousin and his dad own their own tree trimming company and he said the only thing that could make the types of cuts were machettes. Not enough weight in the cuts and too long to be an axe. The clear cut ran all the way back to the border of the WMA. I'm sure it was locals who think this WMA is theirs. I asked the old couple working the check station if any surveying had been going on. The man looked at me like I was crazy. It was days if not weeks worth of cutting. :eek

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 pm

hellbilly wrote: :lol: :lol: LMRNAO made me spit my copenhagen all over the keyboard :lol: :lol:
Bwaaaaaaaaaaa! Never heard that one. That is a good one.

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Thinking that bare feet meant they were trying to lay down scent to blow your spot.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

All the strange shart that ever happened to me was usually after I spent 50.00 at the whitetail lounge around 2:00am.My friend was dancing with one woods critter and she really wanted to know what he was wearing that made him smell so good(deep woods off) no lie. On the serious side after my best friend and hunting partner of over 20 years died I had some strage experiences in the woods. A hawk kept flying around me for a few weekends constantly screaming,I had a large black bear walk up to my stand stand up and stare at me, and a few other strange wildlife things. The hawk thing really got to me, it was like he kept coming by to tell me everything was allright or to keep on going . Pretty wierd.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Them woods critters at the Whitetail lounge deserve their own thread. :dtect
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Dude,I need to tell you about the slime I found on my steering wheel one morning.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm good. No need to hear it. Trust me, Ive spent a lot of time in there and seen some of the slime producers myself

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:29 pm

Skunk Ape wrote:Dude,I need to tell you about the slime I found on my steering wheel one morning.
i just threw up in my mouth

Return to “OFFICIAL BIG FOOT, SKUNK APE & WEIRD SIGHTINGS FORUM”