Loooong day's!!

This is a forum to discuss all your Hog Trapping!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Loooong day's!!

Post by swissk31 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:15 pm

So our last 2 day's have been fun and brutal both. We started out Tue. early so we could meet up with forum member Archeogator and try to get on some WMA hogs, but our truck ended up breaking down on the side of the road leaving us waiting for a tow truck.
So we got our truck into the shop and archeo picked us up and off we go for the first of long days into the wilds. We found allot of good sign of hog's but they chose not to play ball and we all skunked out. so with nightfall upon us we parted ways and ended the day truckless and exhausted with ALLOT of sqeeter bites.
Wed. morning comes and plans to get to work are underway when suddenly we get a text the we have a large hog in our trap. :help
So at this point are still truckless and banging our heads off the walls trying to figure out how to get to this bigun. so we ended calling in the help of a coworker with a truck to come help us get this porker. Arrived to find we had gotten the largest female hog that we had on the trail cams, weighed in at 262 lbs. We could tell it was her from the flopping ear. She's big enough that Jay can hide behind her.
Oh and while cleaning and skinning her we found 2 OO buck pellet right behind the ear and and she was well healed over. (pics added) This just affirm's my belief in using a slug for hog hunting.
trapped hog 005.JPG
buckshot found in head.
001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MOSSYNUT
scout

Re: Loooong day's!!

Post by MOSSYNUT » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Very nice hog and you're right about the slugs. Buckshot is for defense not hunting.

P'duck
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by P'duck » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:18 pm

What a sow

renegade
scout

Post by renegade » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Nice hog!

ArcheoGator
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by ArcheoGator » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 pm

You could have given Hogzilla the memo to walk to the WMA for us. Though, perhaps one of her smaller friends would have been easier to get out of the woods. I would want a bit smaller for my first drag. Maybe next time.

I had a great time. Though we couldn't spot any hogs, it was nice to get out and see Florida. Hunting appeals to me more and more in part because it gets you off the path. I have hiked so many miles here in Florida, but always on designated trails. When I was asked if my boots are waterproof (thankfully they are), I knew I was in for a good time. There are so many things to learn that seem simple, but you just never learn until you get out there.

Return to “HOG TRAPPING FORUM”