big boar hawg caught n tied 3-6-09

This is a forum to discuss all your Hog Trapping!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Flacracker
scout

big boar hawg caught n tied 3-6-09

Post by Flacracker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:15 pm

I am a nusiance trapper up in the NE part of the state. This bad boy happened to cross the trail and Whiskey one of my dogs struck and bayed him for almost 2 hrs w/ a puppy. I showed up on the scene around 1 am with Hank(my catchdog) and cut him loose. 5 minutes later we were takin pics!!This hog weighs around the 270 range +/- 10 lbs or so.

Howdy from the North Fl Swamps!! :cool:

Last edited by Flacracker on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 pm

NICE HOG!!!. So it was trapped!. good stuff!>.

Welcome to the forums.. Glad to have you aboard. Please be sure to formally introduce yourself in the New Members StIcky Thread!..

-Cr0ck1

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Nice pig and welcome aboard. :grin:
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Flacracker
scout

Post by Flacracker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:NICE HOG!!!. So it was trapped!. good stuff!>.

Welcome to the forums.. Glad to have you aboard. Please be sure to formally introduce yourself in the New Members StIcky Thread!..

-Cr0ck1
No it was caught and tied by my 3 dogs and myself! no traps were involved :cool:

my Whiskey goes out and finds hogs and then bays em up, I walk Hank in and he catches on the ear. Then I slip in and grab the hog by the back legs and flip it over and then I sit on it and tie or hobble it!! Big boy is at the house in a holding pen right now.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:26 pm

good lookin porker
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Flacracker wrote: No it was caught and tied by my 3 dogs and myself! no traps were involved :cool:

my Whiskey goes out and finds hogs and then bays em up, I walk Hank in and he catches on the ear. Then I slip in and grab the hog by the back legs and flip it over and then I sit on it and tie or hobble it!! Big boy is at the house in a holding pen right now.
Sounds like some dates I had back in the day - involved whiskey, ear nibbling, leg grabbing, hog-tieing, etc.!

That's doing it old school, and that's a nice hog. Are the hogs as big a problem up there as they are in other parts - eating up yards, golf courses, etc.?
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

mick
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by mick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:09 pm

nice pig!

Flacracker
scout

Post by Flacracker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 pm

GoodOyster wrote:
Flacracker wrote: No it was caught and tied by my 3 dogs and myself! no traps were involved :cool:

Sounds like some dates I had back in the day - involved whiskey, ear nibbling, leg grabbing, hog-tieing, etc.!
That's doing it old school, and that's a nice hog. Are the hogs as big a problem up there as they are in other parts - eating up yards, golf courses, etc.?
that is funny bro .. the hogs are a very large problem in certain areas.I find those areas and do as much talkin as I can with the folks that live around there and have them help me in my approach to remove them and relocate. Sometimes it works :grin: and sometimes it does not :cry: ....just depends

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Flacracker wrote:
GoodOyster wrote:

that is funny bro .. the hogs are a very large problem in certain areas.I find those areas and do as much talkin as I can with the folks that live around there and have them help me in my approach to remove them and relocate. Sometimes it works :grin: and sometimes it does not :cry: ....just depends
so you relocate them? or kill them and eat them.. that big boy you got must of stank.. and that meat would probably need to be powerwashed to taste good.. LMAOOO.

Flacracker
scout

Post by Flacracker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:38 pm

so you relocate them? or kill them and eat them.. that big boy you got must of stank.. and that meat would probably need to be powerwashed to taste good.. LMAOOO.[/quote]

Those big boars are fine if you let them finish out in a pen for a while, shoot em once they have calmed down a bit and they make good sausage. I eat some of em and keep my friends and fam stocked up pretty well.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm

i love them backstraps!

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 pm

cr0ck has a backstrap fetish. :lol:
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm

i love em!

DaveT
Second Class Scout

Post by DaveT » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Nice Pig......and awesome pics!!
http://WWW.TampaTaxidermy.com

Sometimes I wake up Grumpy.....but mostly I just let her sleep....

Flacracker
scout

Post by Flacracker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 am

DaveT wrote:Nice Pig......and awesome pics!!
thanks bro :smile:

Return to “HOG TRAPPING FORUM”