Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Porker problem

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:55 pm

HogDaddy wrote:send some to royal gorge... :archer
It's about 200 yards from there
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:05 pm

was there a weight limit??

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:07 pm

The rules say "not on the tit". Those, imho are fair game as they are eating whole corn
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

What campground you staying at? FYI, my uncle and cousin are in RG. They have been in it for quite a few years

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Caught a couple of the smaller ones on camera early this morning. Had to move the cam closer, since I only got 10 pics last night, and the night before I had 85 pics from a different spot. Was trying to get a better angle.
SUNP0030.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Close? That's the end of the archery range. We hung a big piece of carpet over the 4x4 post frame to keep my FIL from killin skeeters and palm fronds when he misses the McKenzie Shot Blocker or the 6'x6' wall of targets behind it. It's actually, about 80 yards from the back door.

hogslayer25
scout

Post by hogslayer25 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

i am in royal gorge hunt club just got in this year, so if any members wanna come and hunt with me i am there once a week just about been tryin to meet guys in the club to hunt with, got a couple dogs i run just pm me and we can go run some dogs one night

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:40 pm

hogslayer25 wrote:i am in royal gorge hunt club just got in this year, so if any members wanna come and hunt with me i am there once a week just about been tryin to meet guys in the club to hunt with, got a couple dogs i run just pm me and we can go run some dogs one night
Seven years of that place and I've had enough. Place is getting ruined,way to many hog hunters,poachers,and other riff raff in there now.There poaching way to many does in there and F'd up by opening the hog hunting year round. I know of several feeders and trail cams stolen in there last year as well. Have it it bro.

hogslayer25
scout

Post by hogslayer25 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm

thats not the kinda of stuff i wanna hear, before i paid my dues i never really heard negative things but everyone on the forum has had nothing to say but negative things about the club i am startin to second guess myself for getting in now, and hope your not refering to hog hunters as a problem i dont make the rules there i only abide by what is set by the board members and just lookin to enjoy the outdoors

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:14 am

Not what I wanted to hear either. I've been hog dogging in there since it broke off from Lafayette. We were always allowed to hunt hogs for 3 days in Feb,June,July Aug. You could drive around in there and see herds of hogs standing on the roads,that was just two years ago. You'd always see deer,sometimes I've seem 75 a day in the off season. The last few years we were finding dead hogs on the sides of the roads,and not seeing all the deer we were.Two years ago I was seeing sometimes 30-40 hogs a day on one of my feeders,last year I couldn't even get a trail cam pic from the same spot. I found where someone killed a hen turkey and left the breasted out carcass right in the road during the Feb hog hunt,my buddy found a dead doe that someone killed and cut the hams out on the last weekend of season. I rode the club out 3 weeks ago and seen about 5 deer and not one hog track. What do you think happens to all the piggy sows and pigs when dogs find them or fawns? That's why I'm so against the 24/7 dog running in that club. It's BS and I'm a dog hunter,wildlife needs a break once in awhile.I'm just saying this from experience and have hunted in there since 03,I was at the original meetings when the club was formed and agreed with the rules. If what you want to do is hunt everyday of the year then I guess this is the place for you.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:58 am

My uncle and cousin are two of the founding members in there. They are good friends with the president. He went and got me an application the other day, and let me read the rules. I got tired from reading there were so many. I have an open invite to join, and have the application sitting right here on my desk. I just am having a hard time justifying sending them money

The year round hog dogging is ridiculous. It has allowed the door to be opened for massive poaching. My uncle was telling me of the president getting calls recently of multiple gun shots in the middle of the night, on several nights.

Do you think they are shooting hogs?

I grew up as a dog hunter, do not do it any longer, and have no desire to do it again ( I am very pro dog), but you can't do it every day of the year. You will just run the animals off of the property

Glowworm
Tenderfoot

Post by Glowworm » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 am

quit feedin them and they will go away :)

LOL!

Get some
New season coming up!

hogslayer25
scout

Post by hogslayer25 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm

i wonder if it is to late to just ask for a refund then, cause i dont wanna have to worry about my stands and feeders being stolen, had no idea i was getting into a outlaw club, those are the exact reason i left my last club stealing and people coming in at night and poaching the deer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Use your own judgement on that, my friend. I can tell you it has been a very good lease for a long time and used to have a very good herd of animals. But something changed in the last year or so. I don't know if its the caliber of people, or the economy but it ha sturned downhill, IMHO

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Have to agree with the last mohican,hunt it for a year and see what you think.We lost a bunch of still hunters because they wanted to make certain areas dog free and they got shot down.So then the place filled up with hog hunters. I have seen a decline the last two seasons and think we took in a couple crews of scum bags.I joined a new club that is much closer to my camp. Fuel was a big factor in my decision.You'll still find hogs,check around the north boundarys and along the hwy,especially if you hunt with cur dogs. Let me know how it goes.

Return to “HOG TRAIL CAM PICS”