Gravity tube feeder pics

This is a forum to show your Deer Trail Cam Pics.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Gravity tube feeder pics

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:58 pm

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

davedirt
Ordeal

Re: Gravity tube feeder pics

Post by davedirt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 am

whats on the bottom of that thing one of those black plastic screens. Did you glue it on or use srews? More details please.I will try and post what I use after this week end and show every one. Nice deer and turkeys and a sweet looking spot as well.

:chain
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:50 am

Dave, Its one of those french-drain gutter guards. You can get them at Lowes/HD in plumbing section. I used some screws to hold it in place

I have it about 40" high so the hogs can't get to it. had pics of big hogs right under it and they couldn't get the feed out. Gonna start with protein feed soon, but I gotta wait because I'm turkey hunting this spot
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 am

I like this set up! What diameter tube are you using and what is the carrying capacity (# of bags)? How long does it take the deer to empty it?

I was thinking about mounting something similair perhaps with a 90 degree bend and extension at the bottom with a notch on top for a trough and holes drilled in the bottom to let the water out but your design is far better IMO.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 am

Thats 4" thin walled PVC @5'. I bought a 10' section and cut it in half to make 2. One feeder holds about 35-40# of feed. In the section where the sewer supplies are in Lowes, you can get the gutter guard and a cheap cap for a lid.. I drilled a hole approx 4" from the top and stuck a rope thru it to hang it.Total cost to make 2 feeders is around $12.

I filled it on Jan 30th, and had a pic on the 16th with it empty finally, so it lasted that long. I have a section of heavy duty 6" PVC thats about 7' long. Think I'm gonna make one of these out of it, but I'll need a pulley or winch to fill it. It'll hold 100# easily.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Thats 4" thin walled PVC @5'. I bought a 10' section and cut it in half to make 2. One feeder holds about 35-40# of feed. In the section where the sewer supplies are in Lowes, you can get the gutter guard and a cheap cap for a lid.. I drilled a hole approx 4" from the top and stuck a rope thru it to hang it.Total cost to make 2 feeders is around $12.
This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for on here. Thanks for some great pictures and a great design for a feeder. I'll be building a couple of these for sure. :toast

Return to “DEER TRAIL CAM PICS”