Manny Ramirez

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Sporting Scores & Sporting discussions.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Manny Ramirez

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Is now a Tampa Bay Ray. Reports are we signed him and Johnny Damon. I absolutely cannot stand ManRam.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Greybeard
First Class Scout

Re: Manny Ramirez

Post by Greybeard » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:07 am

Manny who?????? :puke :clown
Johnny Demon????? :hang :no :nono

Signed, an ever-unforgiving, dyed-in-the-wool BOSTON RED SOX FAN-ATIC!!!

P.S. Tampa Bay will regret this! Mark my words. You will (very) soon get tired of 'Manny being Manny'. And the other !%^@*# has seen better days!
“The best government is that which governs least.”

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:00 am

Its funny(and sickening) how the Rays are a farm system for the MLB. We draft them, develop them, make superstars out of them, then the Red Sox/yankmees flip open their checkbooks and scarf them up. Then when they are washed up, arms are bad, steroids have slowed them down, we end up with them for VETERAN leadership. Heck, Johnny damon was cut by the Yankmees because he can't throw the ball from LF. Now he is going to be our starting left fielder. This cycle is going to keep rolling over too. Don't think for one solitary second the Sox/Yankmees aren't watching every pitch David Price makes and every play Longoria makes. Longoria is the best 3rd baseman in all of baseball, and is not even earning 1 million a year. Yet, A-ROID is making almost as much as our whole payroll. This vicious cycle will never end until MLB gets profit/revenue sharing and a salary cap. And until it happens, I wish bad things to happen to the big market teams such as the Sox/Yankmees

(No offense to you, Greybeard, just they way I feel)

GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:14 am

Socialized baseball? "Greed is good" aka Gordon Gecko. just like politics, whoever spends the most wins the election/series.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

ajfrfghtr
scout

Post by ajfrfghtr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:56 am

Its offical Tampa Bay is no longer for retires and old people. We are now home of old washed up ball players.
Anything Goes Graphics
anythinggoesgraphics@verizon.net

Greybeard
First Class Scout

Post by Greybeard » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 pm

IL2H- no offense taken!
Boston fans spent DECADES being the 'poor relation' to the Spank-me's. We also felt like the MLB 'farm system'- look at some of the names we groomed over the years. In addition, our scouting system still leaves a lot to be desired- Carlos Pena is from our last hometown (he played LL ball with our son!)- but the Sox seemed blind to his existence!
I've said it before, and will keep saying it, the Bay area really should be able to support a quality team without resorting to rock concerts, etc. after a game! I KNOW the economy's bad, but things are tough all over!

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

bottom line is $. cash talks and BS walks. whoever pays the most will (almost) allways have the best players. shouldn't the "best" player deserve to be payed more than someone not quite as good? what incentive would there be for the best to hustle and risk injury in an already short lived career, if he made the same amount as a so-so player? not sayin it's right, just the way it is. without sports most of these jocks would probly be behind bars, bouncing at strip clubs or parking cars imo.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Never could stand that mf'er. 6 games, several million, a now empty #4 batting slot, and done with baseball due to another failed drug test
karma is a biotch, Manny. Hope you get your nappy dreadlocks caught in an elevator
FU

Greybeard
First Class Scout

Post by Greybeard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Never could stand that mf'er. 6 games, several million, a now empty #4 batting slot, and done with baseball due to another failed drug test
karma is a biotch, Manny. Hope you get your nappy dreadlocks caught in an elevator
FU
Not to say "I told you so", but read my 1st thread above!!!

Return to “THE GOAL POST”