Have you all seen this?

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Sporting Scores & Sporting discussions.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Have you all seen this?

Post by bodysnatcher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 am

Hundreds of Super Bowl ticket holders stiffed after seating snafu.

Four hundred fans who paid $900 for tickets to Super Bowl XLV didn't have a seat at the game.
Due to "incomplete installation" of temporary seating at Cowboys Stadium, 400 fans were forced to the outdoor party plaza to watch the game. The seats were to be in the top section of the stadium behind the west end zone. As many as 800 other fans had their seats moved because of another section because of another seating snafu. Those who were left out in the cold were understandably unhappy:
According to reports, a fire marshall hadn't approved the temporary seating. Affected fans arrived at the game and were handed a letter informing them that they'd no longer have a seat for the Super Bowl. It's another black eye for Dallas during its first time hosting a Super Bowl. Ice storms paralyzed the city earlier in the week, canceling flights and hindering travel. On Friday, a chunk of ice fell off the roof of the stadium and injured six. Because of that, four of the stadium's 10 entrances were closed on Super Bowl Sunday, causing waits of up to three hours to get in the stadium.
Jerry Jones and the NFL were so concerned about stuffing the most fans possible into Cowboys Stadium in order to maximize profit and set a Super Bowl attendance record, but evidently failed to consider the logistics of seating all those people.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Re: Have you all seen this?

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 am

Just another reason to give up football. I stopped watching that crap about 10 years ago.
The NFL doesn't care about any fans they only care about money. I am glad I stopped theres a great, real world of fish and game out there that's way more fun.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Have you all seen this?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:40 am

Doesn't look like there will be a 2011 season. The greed of the owners is unreal. They are not humans, in my book. Hence the reason I will never attend a Bucs game, or buy a cap/tshirt
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “THE GOAL POST”