Oh yeah, I almost forgot........

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Sporting Scores & Sporting discussions.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Oh yeah, I almost forgot........

Post by JBUG308 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:08 pm

HOW BOUT THEM SEMINOLES?!?
It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win.......

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Oh yeah, I almost forgot........

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Loved every minute of it. The Nole warchant echoing thru the swamp was music to my ears, and the sea of orange and blue hitting the exits was beautiful

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjfHIqzF5y4[/youtube]
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Jubee100
scout

Post by Jubee100 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh so beautiful... Maybe next year... lmao... Gator fans with have to settle for the Denver Tebows despicable win streak..

BigJack
scout

Post by BigJack » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm

all I got to say is ROLL TIDE ROLL

Committed and paid, said and done
Big Hammer Swimbaits
North Fork Composites
Bullard Int
Endless Season Clothing

redneck75
scout

Post by redneck75 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah, roll Tide...whatever.

I will grant you that fact that they're probably the second best team in College Football this year. 'Bama/LSU is probably the best matchup between top teams this year. That said...shouldn't matter. There is no way a team ('Bama or any other team) should ever be allowed into the BCS Championship game when they didn't win their Division, let alone their Conference. They're the 2nd Place team in the SEC West. The SEC Championship Game is LSU/Georgia. If you can't get into (and win) your Conference Championship Game, you damn sure don't belong in a National Championship Game. 'Bama should not be part of the discussion as part of the National Championship. Even if LSU loses to Georgia and 'Bama inherits the #1 ranking, the fact they didn't win their division and conference should exclude them from being in the BCS Championship.

No, this is not a jealousy thing due to 'Bama getting the bid over my team or anything like that. My team is Oregon State and we only had 3 wins all year so the National Championship Game certainly isn't impacting us at all!

cshunter1908
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by cshunter1908 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Even though the Gators lost I had a good college football weekend. Went to my first game and the Knights did good. They played their last game well, and UTEP sucks at kicking the ball.
"Cursum Perficio" I accomplish the course.
Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:47 am

Bcs shouldn't exist at all. Playoff system. These bowl games and their monetary ties have ruined the best sport in the world. A playoff system could be easily done using the current bowls and not extending the season more than 1-2 more weeks

wouldn't matter if you won division or not. The Green Bay packers won the superbowl as a wild card last year
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

redneck75
scout

Post by redneck75 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 am

There's plenty of reason to go to a playoff system. Then again, we already have one NFL so we don't need to try to make NCAAFB like it. Hell, arguing over the end results gives us something to do for the rest of the year while we wait for football to start again. I'm certainly no fan of the BCS. I'd rather see things go back to the way they were with no title game and no BCS Bowls than keep things like they are. If nothing else, this season has proved the BCS is a mess.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:40 am

I'm all for a 10 game regular season and then a playoff.
I'll admit the BCS isn't the best, but in the old days you had #1 playing #15 out in the Rose Bowl and #2 playing #6 in the Orange bowl. And all the ones in between were playing somebody scattered throughout the bowls. At least this way #1 can play #2 head to head, even if it is a re-match.
Let's just say for argument's sake Alabama being ranked #2 does not get to play LSU in the title game. LSU ends up playing either Oklahoma State (if they beat OU) or the next in line if OSU loses to OU. Alabama plays the number 4 or 5 team in the Sugar Bowl. So, if LSU loses in the title, and Alabama trounces their opponent - can we really call Boise State the national champs?
That pesky "strength of schedule" tends to smooth things out, huh?

cchcDoeSlayer
scout

Post by cchcDoeSlayer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 pm

JBUG....the damn Seminoles have one good year....just goes to show......u know...the blind squirrel finds an acorn........

Jubee100
scout

Post by Jubee100 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:49 am

One good year slayer??? lol.... Since '77 FSU is 19 wins... 17 loses and one tie against the gators... We've won the last two in a row... last one being in the swamp! That's even with Tebow ... pre Tebow since '77 it was 17-13-1... With championships in '93 and '99... two more then UF with a whoping ZERO lol... Pre Tebow era... UF had their flash in the pan and now it back to where it should be in the NOLES "W" column! .... I like stats... all in good fun :D

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:22 am

Jubee, at least get the facts right. UF won the 1996 season national championship by beating the #1 ranked Criminoles 52-20 in the '97 Sugar Bowl. Don't know why you don't mention the Tebow era - maybe because UF added 2 more national championships, and FSU hasn't added any. So UF is up 3-2 in national championships. Stats are fun, facts are better! :D
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 am

Anyone that uses the term "Criminoles' needs to reflect back on the 35 player arrests during one corch's tenure

Aren't stats and facts fun??????
:oops

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Yeah, I guess until either UF or FSU have been "awarded" the Fulmer Cup like UGA was for 2010, they shouldn't be considered in such terms. My apologies to FSU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulmer_Cup

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com ... closes-and

Oh, and in 2010 FSU did come in #4 in Fulmer Cup points, UF only managed #11.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Article written by a liberal Gator fan. No need for me to even read it :rolleyes

Go Gayta

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A[/youtube]

Return to “THE GOAL POST”