Cleaning your critters

A forum to discuss all your Game Processing and Butcher Block Skills!
From the Skinning Rack to the Dinner Table.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

trapper dan
VIP MEMBER

Cleaning your critters

Post by trapper dan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 am

I put this vid on youtube to help guys and gals out that are learning or wanting to learn. It can also be used as a reminder. All animals once the hide is removed can be done the same way. I am going to do follow up vids with bigger animals so you can see really there all the same. I hope this helps some folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd87LY8jbCw

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Cleaning your critters

Post by bodysnatcher » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:27 am

That was a great idea.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 am

I do something similar with tree rats. I got a big hunk of 2x12, and I lay them on that and whack their heads/tails/feets off with a hatchet. It goes real quick. Hardest part is remembering to keep your digits out of the way
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

trapper dan
VIP MEMBER

Post by trapper dan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:That was a great idea.
Thank you very much.

Iluv2hunt wrote:I do something similar with tree rats. I got a big hunk of 2x12, and I lay them on that and whack their heads/tails/feets off with a hatchet. It goes real quick. Hardest part is remembering to keep your digits out of the way
Yes I can see what you mean. The object of the vids is to break the animals down the same way in quarters. For those learning I think it will help them see that there really all the same. Kinda like building a shed or a house you still get 4 walls a floor and a roof. Maybe that's a good metaphor.

H60mech
scout

Post by H60mech » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Great video Mike! Im hoping Georgia will get her hands dirty when we go hunting again!

Return to “WILD GAME PROCESSING”