North American photos

This is a Forum to discuss all of your Exotic Hunting adventures and show off your Harvests!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

flags
scout

North American photos

Post by flags » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:29 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been blessed by being able to hunt in many different areas of this great nation. Here are some photos from some of these trips.

3 Pronghorns from Colorado

Russian Boar from Colorado

Texas Dahl from Pearsall TX.

5x5 Bull Elk from Colorado

5 pt whitetail from Okaloosa County Fl. Shot with muzzleloader.

6 pt whitetail from Okaloosa County Fl. Rifle killed buck

Whitetail/Mule deer Hybrid and coyote from Colorado

Blackbuck from Pearsall TX

Auodad from Pearsall Tx

Small buck Pronghorn from Colorado

8 pt whitetail from Pennsylvania

Buffalo from Montana

Black Bears from British Columbia

9 ft gator from Ft Meyers Fl

6x5 bull elk from Colorado

Mountain Goat from Colorado

Hope y'all enjoyed them.

Flags
Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: North American photos

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:38 am

Nice pics.. you are blessed!

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Livin a dream. :rock_on
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Very nice!!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

graybellplumb
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by graybellplumb » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Very cool pics. You are blessed.

flhuntfish
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by flhuntfish » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Awesome animals. you eat good :lol:

gator
scout

Post by gator » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:42 pm

all great pics.

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:29 am

Very cool, looks like you've done some travailing.

Stonehenge
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Stonehenge » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:41 pm

My friend and his wife are coming up on their 25th wedding aniversary and are wanting to take a trophy hunting trip somewhere in North America. His wife hates the cold. Any suggestions. They already have an elk, whitetail, prong horn, and muley. We were talking about it at the camp and they were thinking bear or moose. Was wondering what flags, or anyone else, would recomend for a North American trophy hunt and where.
Do your best and forget the rest.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Do ya reckon they ever kill Colorado Boars in Russia?

kemster99
Eagle Scout

Post by kemster99 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:57 pm

:lol: :lol:
#### Who's your daddy----Hunt Team####

flags
scout

Post by flags » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:18 am

Stonehenge wrote:My friend and his wife are coming up on their 25th wedding aniversary and are wanting to take a trophy hunting trip somewhere in North America. His wife hates the cold. Any suggestions. They already have an elk, whitetail, prong horn, and muley. We were talking about it at the camp and they were thinking bear or moose. Was wondering what flags, or anyone else, would recomend for a North American trophy hunt and where.
If they want to do a pretty cool hunt and avoid the cold, they could always do a spring bear hunt in Montana, Idaho or Wyoming. No snow. Temps usually in the 50's. Countryside is really pretty that time of year and the success on the hunt is really good. There are a bunch of utfitters that do these hunts, and they're usually pretty cheap since it's the only game in town at that time.

Flags

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:26 am

Hey Flags,is there anywhere left that a working man can afford a hunt out west without spending a fortune. I went 15 years ago to Wyoming and shot a Pronghorn and a Muley on private land. I camped when I was there pretty cheap and think I payed tresspass fees around400.00 and another 250.00 for tags.

flags
scout

Post by flags » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:34 pm

Skunk Ape wrote:Hey Flags,is there anywhere left that a working man can afford a hunt out west without spending a fortune. I went 15 years ago to Wyoming and shot a Pronghorn and a Muley on private land. I camped when I was there pretty cheap and think I payed tresspass fees around400.00 and another 250.00 for tags.
You can hunt Colorado for the price of the tag and the gas to get out there. The northwest part of the state has a huge amount of public land around the town of Craig. The question is; What do you want to hunt? You can buy an over the counter bull elk tag and have at it. Problem with that is that legal bulls rarely account for more than 20% of the herds. So, if you hunt bulls, you're only hunting 20% of the elk. That's why just about everyone I know hunts cow elk. Cows comprise over 60% of the herd, with the balance being sub-adult bulls, which are protected. If all you want to do is enjoy elk hunting and lay in a bunch of really good meat, put in for a late season cow tag around Craig, Co. Should be easy to get the tag, and public land is everywhere. Don't have to bother with tresspass fees and you could camp on public ground. There are a lot of deer around there too, but a deer tag is a little harder to draw than an elk tag is.

Another option is looking into Wyoming's reduced price female tags. They have them for deer, elk and antelope. I did that hunt myself last Sept. I got 2 reduced price doe/fawn antelope tags for $48 each. We hunted public land north of Rock Springs and took 5 antelope in 2 days. It's a cheap out of state meat hunt. Buck antelope tags are limited in that area, and I saw a lot of really good bucks. So, I put in for a preference point so that in a year or 2, I can pull the buck tag and also have 2 doe tags. If you wanted to do that hunt, you could fly into Rock Springs, get a motel, rent a car and drive back and forth daily. It's abut 50 miles from Rock Springs to the area I was hunting, but you could probably do the same thing closer to town.

Montana also provides lists of landowners that welcome hunters to keep the deer and elk herds under contol on their land. All you have to do is get the tag and go hunting. If they are on the access program, they are not alowed to charge for tresspass because the state covers that at the end of the season. Wyoming has a very similar program.

Everyone should hunt the wide open spaces of the west at least once in their lives. I have to make a point to get back to my native country at least once a year. It's not as expensive as a lot of people think. If you have basic hunting skills, are willing to do the camp work yourself and are willing to invest a little time and effort, taking game is relatively easy and cheap.

Cheers :cowboy

Flags

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:43 pm

moose aint exactly warm weather loving animals.depends how early the seasons start. but my dreams New Zealand for a huge red stag.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “EXOTICS HUNTING FORUM”