razzor ranch

This is a Forum to discuss all of your Exotic Hunting adventures and show off your Harvests!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

dropt9
Assistant Patrol Leader

razzor ranch

Post by dropt9 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:19 pm

thinking about doing an exotic hunt at this ranch.does anybody know anything about them?
Fall we RUT/Spring we STRUT!

flahunter
Silver Contributer
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: razzor ranch

Post by flahunter » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Don't know anyone that has hunted that ranch. Some friends have hunted Ross Hammock and Brady Ranch they enjoyed the hunts it is all about the animal you wish to kill and how much you wish to spend.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Well if your into an exciting hunt where the animal can not get away and has no chance at escaping thru the hi-fence,go for it.

dropt9
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by dropt9 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 am

can not have exotics in the country without fences it's the law.i'm sure the hunt would be alot more EXCITING in New Zealand but it would cost an arm and a leg.
Skunk Ape wrote:Well if your into an exciting hunt where the animal can not get away and has no chance at escaping thru the hi-fence,go for it.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 am

You know you can take a trip to Africa and kill 5 animals for less than 6K? I think that covers everything. That's cheaper than most guided Elk hunts here in the U.S.

dropt9
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by dropt9 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:38 pm

my neighbor takes a trip to Africa once a year.he told me total cost:airfare,med.shots,license,guide fees and lodging cost a min.10k...also one of my friends bro-inlaw takes a group once a year to Africa and he told me to figure at least 10k to be safe.send me the info on a 6k round trip i'd be interested in that,but 10k is a lil much.IMHO. :rambo

flahunter
Silver Contributer

Post by flahunter » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Let's see 6k to 8k for hunt 1.5k for flight 23 to 29 in the air. All the paper work and fees basic hunt cost is min 10k plus this doesn't include the cost to get your mounts or meat home. Also some of these places are high fence true they may be 100k in acres.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I met a guy in Brooksville who own an electric motor shop. He goes every year and promotes hunts over there.Him and his wife have killed or darted most legal game.He gave me literature about hunts last time I seen him.Obviously bring home mounts would cost more,and you can't bring back any meat. They eat what they can and the locals get the rest. I was shocked at how inexpensive hunts were.I'm fairly certain you can do a round trip hunt for around 6 k including plane fair. If I see him again I will get some more info.

flahunter
Silver Contributer

Post by flahunter » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm sure you can find a basic trip for that but I have had friends and family go on these trips most are 15k. The price is driven by where you are going to hunt and the lodging that you get when you get there. I have hunted on private islands where the hunt was 2k and yes it was for exotic game but they nailed you for food and lodging but you lived and eat like a king

flahunter
Silver Contributer

Post by flahunter » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:07 pm

I wish to add we are :offtopic

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 pm

I've never been to the dark continent. The guy I met goes every year and is succesful.He has a great set up with great guides and lodging. He did his best to sell me a hunt. I was sceptical but he showed me rates and I seen where they were cheaper than American hunts. I will get by there and get more literature. I had an entire folder of stuff.Like I said,bringing home mounts is an entire different story,and the cost of hunting in the US is a joke anymore.It has become a rich mans sport.And young man it is not an estimation,it is what I read and what he told me.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Regardless of the cost of hunting Africa,it costs a ton to shoot a tame animal in a pen.

flahunter
Silver Contributer

Post by flahunter » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:06 pm

dropt9 I would just check them out asking the size of the animal to the price you are being charged also how the hunt will take place and compare to the others that are around talk to some of their other customer and go with the one you think you would enjoy and go for it.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:35 pm

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:42 pm

I spoke to a guy that uses http://www.accuratereloading.com/ to book hunts in ZIMBABWE very reasonable, the last time he went he got a deal where someone put down a deposit and couldn't make it , and for 2 people with air fare was about $6000.00, check out the web site above, I know its a strange name Accurate Reloading, but the web site has a lot of stuff on it. Lots of pics of other hunts
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

Return to “EXOTICS HUNTING FORUM”