2 important Florida races.

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

treefarmer
Ordeal

2 important Florida races.

Post by treefarmer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Let's not let partisan politics cloud our minds. If you are reading this post, most likely you support our right to own and posse some sort of firearm. Personally I'm old school, blue steel and walnut and I realize there is a whole generation who enjoy the platform rifles, those "evil black rifles", more power to you!
The point of this post is the threat I just heard the last few days from the Tallahassee mayor Andrew Gillum. If elected governor, he intends to ban all "assault rifles" in Florida. Most of us know that the AR does not stand for assault rifle, we know what AR stands for. With this bold statement, I would urge you to vote for Ron DeSantis for governor, as he apparently has great respect for the 2nd Amendment.
We have the same issue when we analyze the Florida US Senate race. Candidate Scott is pro 2nd Amendment, Candidate Nelson is opposed to your right to own "certain" firearms. He seems to hide behind his so called support for those hunting, folks it's not all about hunting!
This goes way beyond the issues discussed concerning who needs an "automatic" rifle to hunt deer and other such ignorant statements. Politicians, Republican, Democrat or Independent who wish to limit your 2nd Amendment rights need not be elected or re-elected.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: 2 important Florida races.

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:57 pm

AMEN

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm

Also look at the state admements the one to ban dog racing may lead to banning hunting. The wording is for in humane treatment of animals.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Ted, I just received a notice from the NRA giving the explanation of Amendment 13, explaining how it could be used against hunters and fishermen, also farming, marine parks and even pet ownership. The Human Society of the United States is pushing this amendment, read all the amendment not just the short explanations put out by certain groups.
I will be voting no on Amendment 13. We all need to study all the amendments and know what they will do to our state. Amendment 9 has two different issues, offshore drilling and a certain prohibition of vaping. While I might oppose both, what if you approve of one and oppose the other, they are two separate issues? It appears Amendments 6,7 and 11 also have more than one unrelated issue covered by one measure or amendment.
Let's all be smart when we go to the polls. Remember the Amendment several years ago that dealt with hogs and farrowing crates, pitiful!
Treefarmer

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 am

Today is the day!!! PLEASE get out and vote. We'll know tonite if we are successful.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Amen, drgn4sr! This is the 1st time I voted early, mainly because of the terrible disruptions of the polling places being shifted due to our visit from Michael.
Treefarmer

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Well this mess should have been over with. ENFORCE THE LAW!!

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”