THis Election And Gun Control

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

jtnau
scout

Post by jtnau » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies,
As I am sure you are aware, the time to vote Obama out of office is fast approaching. It is time to talk to everyone you know who may be undecided and explain the dangers of reelecting Obama. I can't imagine still being undecided in this election, but there are those who are. I realize that some will say that Mitt Romney is not the ideal person for president and that may or may not be true. He is the best of the choices that we have. Romney may not be perfect, but at least he doesn't hate this country and its people!

God Bless America,
John

:squid

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Yep if all the people who never voted got up and voted instead of complain that can change things.

woodyapex
scout

Re: THis Election And Gun Control

Post by woodyapex » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Guys funny isn't it .
History repeating its self .
Myself and most of the people I know would have always voted labour .
The conservatives f&@*ed the uk up by closing all the coal mines and industry in the uk has died .
Labour eventually got in and we thought it was going to be a breath of fresh air .
Low and behold labour went and banned " hunting with dogs " it's the thin end of the wedge as at the minute I've just got back from wildfowling and had to ring the police to tell them I'm going cos if I'm seen by some idiot whom thinks I'm a terrorist the next thing you know like two weeks ago , we've 16 armed police and a copper chopper telling us to put our guns on the floor and walk away ( that morning we'd got half a doz goose decoys in the field )
So easy to see we were not terrorist !

I'd seen your posts re Obama and thought I'd google his policy's and came accross this .
Hope it's not too old news .
Just to note , our campaign re labour banning hunting was called " bollocks to Blair "
I think " bollocks to Obama " has a ring next time you cook those deer or pigs bollocks ( ecpesially the the ones you've shot name the recipe after it ;) .

Here's the article
Good luck guys and if I was able to vote when I'm in Florida next week I would .

CHICAGO, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is the text of an open letter to hunters and sportsmen from ISRA-FEDPac Chairman, Richard Pearson:

Fellow Sportsman:

About this time four years ago, I penned an open letter to you that spoke of the Barack Obama I grew to know while I was a lobbyist in the Illinois State Capitol. At that time, I described Obama as a stony-faced liar who will do whatever it takes to force his extremist agenda on the American people. I warned you that electing Barack Obama would be something that hunters, sportsmen, target shooters and gun collectors would live to regret.

In writing to you four years ago, I backed my assertions about the danger of an Obama presidency by citing his legislative record. That record includes voting no less than 4 times against legislation that would allow law-abiding citizens to defend their families against home invaders without fear of being arrested or being sued. This shameful record of Obama's also included his support for legislation that would run venerable Illinois firearm manufacturers such as Armalite, Lewis Machine & Tool, Rock River Arms, and Springfield Armory out of business.

I reminded you as well that Obama was a long-time member of the board of the rabidly anti-gun Joyce Foundation. As a member of the Joyce Foundation board, Obama approved the donation of millions of dollars to gun grabbing groups such as the Violence Policy Center and the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. Those, and other groups funded by the Joyce Foundation, are bent on destroying the Second Amendment to our Constitution – and Barack Obama was always there with checkbook in hand to help them out.

No indictment of Obama's anti-gun sentiment would be complete without dropping the names of some of his close friends and confidants. First, we have renegade Chicago priest Mike Pfleger. Many of you will recall that Pfleger openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and legislators who were pro-gun. Obama is also strongly affiliated with guys like former Chicago mayor, Richie Daley and international gun-hater George Soros. Truly, birds of a feather flock together.

Four years ago, there was overwhelming evidence that Obama was no friend to the law-abiding firearm owner. Nevertheless, many shooters bought in to Obama's bogus claims of 'respect' for the Second Amendment. To their detriment, they believed Obama's assertion that he would not take their guns away from them.

After issuing my open letter to firearm owners four years ago, I received a lot of emails, letters and calls from hunters and outdoorsmen who told me I was wrong about Obama. They claimed that Obama truly understood the constitution and that the breaking of his ties with the Chicago establishment would move him towards a more gun-friendly state of mind.

Now, four years later, I'm afraid I must say, "I told you so." Obama has repaid the gun owners who supported him with the appointments of two anti-gun, anti-freedom justices to the Supreme Court. And, just last week, we heard Obama promise millions of debate-watchers that he would work to reinstate Bill Clinton's ban on semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns. Obama went even a step further by hinting that he was contemplating actions to ban handguns as well.

I want to make my 2012 message to firearm owners very clear – if you re-elect Barack Obama you will be giving him license to take your guns away from you. Through political and policy means, Obama will force you to choose between your guns and your family; your guns and your livelihood; and possibly your guns and your freedom. Obama's plan to take your guns away is in motion. The only thing left is for misguided gun owners to give him the opportunity to do it.

I will close this letter the same way I closed my letter to you four years ago. I want to remind you that I'm a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. I know Obama as someone who cannot even begin to identify with our nation's outdoor traditions. Obama cannot fathom what it feels like to command the liberty, freedom, and individuality afforded by a 5-lb hunk of iron. Every bit of pride, satisfaction and security you derive from owning firearms is something totally foreign to a guy like Obama.

If you are a gun owner and you voted for Obama in 2008, you made a grave mistake. Don't compound that mistake by voting for him in 2012. These are the sorts of mistakes that cannot be fixed – ever.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Pearson
Chairman
ISRA-FEDPac

- - -

The ISRA-FEDPac is a political action committee affiliated with the Illinois State Rifle Association. Donations to ISRA-FEDPac are not tax deductible. The ISRA-FEDPac is not authorized by any candidate or election committee.

Richard Pearson
ISRA-FEDPac
815-635-3166

SOURCE ISRA-FEDPac

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm

good reading. Obama never came up on my radar for a vote.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 pm

speaking of history repeating itself, buy up all the handguns/"assault rifles"/ammo and mags you can get your hands on. 4 years ago when B.O. was elected gun sales went thru the roof,ammo was nowhere to be found and glock mags went for 100$ each. if this D.B. gets re-elected it will likely happen again. time to get your things in order. my re-loading supplies are stockpiled.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:33 pm

nacho, you will become everybody's friend if that ever happens.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 pm

and here I thought I already was,lol.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm

/\Hey friend/\.....have any extra .45 ????
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am

tons of em, just waiting for my post election pricing. gotta get back to digging my bunker.

Ironcat
Second Class Scout

Post by Ironcat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 am

IMHO

You guys who are so "anyone but Obama" on guns are all failing to see the real threat.

Obama supported tougher gun control as Illinois and U.S. senator, including proposals to renew the assault-weapons ban and require background checks for buyers at gun shows but regardless of what we "think" Obama wants, he has not pushed for ANY gun control measures as president.
- He signed laws letting people carry concealed weapons in national parks and in checked bags on Amtrak trains.
- He says he supports a renewed ban on assault-type weapons but has not tried once to get that done.
- He did NOT put any support behind the Democratic bill, introduced after the Colorado movie theater shooting in July, to let only licensed dealers sell ammunition, require police to be notified after any sale of more than 1,000 rounds to an unlicensed person and require buyers who aren't licensed dealers to show a photo ID.

Romney as Massachusetts governor, vowed in 2002 to protect the state's "tough gun laws," and in 2004 he actually signed a Massachusetts ban on assault weapons.
- Quadrupled state's gun-licensing fee in exchange for loosened rules on the licenses and extended their duration.
- In 2008 primary campaign, said he would have signed the federal assault weapons ban if it had come to him as president, but now says he opposes any new gun legislation.

Romney agrees with Obama on more issues than he disagrees and I think anyone with a gun will be in for a big surprise if Mitt gets in to office.

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 am

I don't believe that mitt is going to mess with guns, his focus will be where it should be, the economy.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

Obama hasn't pursued any gun legislation because I don't think he has the backing in Congress to get it fully through and also he know that if he did it in his 1st term it would be a guaranteed nail in the coffin to get elected for a 2nd term - because there are pro gun people who think he won't do anything just because he hasn't yet......

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 am

Gentlemen, facts are facts and we are guilty of sticking our heads in the sand if we don't understand where all the media misinformation is leading us.

Does anyone recall "Fast and Furious" and how that was uncovered and how deep it went into the Whitehouse?

Do you know where the 2 Supreme Court Justices that Obama appointed stand when it comes to the 2nd Amendment?

How about the statement of "gun control under the radar" made by Sarah Brady to The Washington Post, giving the hope of an all out war on the 2nd Amendment after re-election?

Anyone ever heard of "Executive Orders"?

As jtnau posted back on October 24th, "Romney may not be perfect, but at least he doesn't hate this country and its people!"

Treefarmer :united

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 am

to make it as far as both candidates have in politics they have both learned to bend to whatever wind blows hardest. imo both would like to see some type of gun control but both are afraid of losing votes over it. not being able to ban guns, they just tax and put the price range out of reach on ammo mostly, but guns also. remember what you paid for ammo/guns/re-loading supplies 4-5 years ago?

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am

treefarmer wrote:Gentlemen, facts are facts and we are guilty of sticking our heads in the sand if we don't understand where all the media misinformation is leading us.

Does anyone recall "Fast and Furious" and how that was uncovered and how deep it went into the Whitehouse?

Do you know where the 2 Supreme Court Justices that Obama appointed stand when it comes to the 2nd Amendment?

How about the statement of "gun control under the radar" made by Sarah Brady to The Washington Post, giving the hope of an all out war on the 2nd Amendment after re-election?

Anyone ever heard of "Executive Orders"?

As jtnau posted back on October 24th, "Romney may not be perfect, but at least he doesn't hate this country and its people!"

Treefarmer :united
Well Said Treefarmer. Those are the facts!

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”