Term limits on ALL elected officials at the federal level.

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

sjmackie0225
scout

Term limits on ALL elected officials at the federal level.

Post by sjmackie0225 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

I believe that it is time that we change the policies that allow the existence of career politicians. I do believe that elected officials at the state level should also be limited to a certain number of terms. However, I believe that the individual states have the authority to make that change if they deem such a change necessary.

I have created a petition on the official White House website: whitehouse.gov and need all of you to help me get this petition recognized. Before the petition will be made public, it must reach 150 signatures. Please take just a moment of your time and sign this petition. The only requirement is that you must register for an account with the website. The account is free and only requires your name, email, zipcode, and lastly confirming your email through a link they will send you.

Here is the link to the petition: http://wh.gov/96SB

Thank you for your help!

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Term limits on ALL elected officials at the federal leve

Post by houseofmicah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Do you honestly think that all the career politicians in this country would go for ending their gravy train? I think everyone probably thinks we need this, everyone but the ones that make the laws. Good luck with it, we need it. Something has got to change.

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm

I think there are folks in Washington or those who are willing to go there that would support this. But the 'VOTERS" aren't informed enough to actually make it happen. But then again maybe so. There's lots of silly things that get voted in every election that really make me scratch my head as to why we are actually wasting ink on printing the stuff on ballets...
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm a little hesitant to place my name on something run by the folks at the White House. If they want to gather my info and label me as one thing or another for my beliefs, I want them to at least work at it!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Circus clowns like Ted Kennedy, Bawney Fwank, and Bill Nelson are definite reasons for needing term limits.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Term limits, and the ending of lifetime pensions for politicians.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

sjmackie0225
scout

Post by sjmackie0225 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 pm

I understand the skepticism. I also am NOT naive enough to think that this petition would directly bring about any changes. However, petitions like this will help to raise awareness on the issue as well as bring attention to the politicians that we the people are serious about seeing changes. the fact is that we need to start voting smarter, and educating as many of our peers to do the same as we can.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 am

sjmackie0225 wrote:I understand the skepticism. I also am NOT naive enough to think that this petition would directly bring about any changes. However, petitions like this will help to raise awareness on the issue as well as bring attention to the politicians that we the people are serious about seeing changes. the fact is that we need to start voting smarter, and educating as many of our peers to do the same as we can.
I agree but the fact of the matter is 53% of americans can't see, understand or even care to understand what is going on in our country today. Look at the presidential election we just had. That same 53% are concerned about one thing, THEMSELVES. You wanna raise awareness, start a nonprofit and start running TV adds to inform the uninformed and educate the american people on what is happening in america. This all about me mentality is going to be our downfall!

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am

an informed and educated electorate is essential to the democratic process that our forefathers created. These men were more intelligent than any of our present day "politicians". Self reliance is key to a strong America.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”