What happened to patriotism?

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Hoss74
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Hoss74 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:04 pm

I am a tall, burly, bearded guy that most people look at and say "redneck". Not to toot my own horn, but I think I give off a tough persona and feel pretty darn tough.
I have been hit in the face with a brick and called the guy a censored word. I bent my steering wheel to the shape of my jaw and have a rather large chunk of my leg missing from my leg from an accident. This summer I had four wisdom teeth and two molars yanked out and refused pain medication.

This Saturday I went to a truck show in columbia county. They played the national anthem anf Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA and I cried like a baby, while a lot of people sat down, kept their hats on, or refused to put their hand over their heart.

What the heck happened to patriotism and being a God fearing and loving country?

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: What happened to patriotism?

Post by treefarmer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm

You are not alone, there are still some of us that feel what you have expressed. But we that are patriotic, are rapidly becoming a minority. Maybe we will wake up before it's too late and return to the values and principles that built this great country. Thanks for sharing your patriotic heart with us! Treefarmer

P'duck
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by P'duck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:07 am

Send those who refuse to stand up or remove a hat to Arlington National Cemetery, I was there recently visiting friends who will watch the sunrise for eternity from their final resting place.

P'duck
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by P'duck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:18 am

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 am

Arlington is hallowed ground for sure and a must see for everyone at some time in their life and teaching of should be mandatory in ALL schools. those who did not stand were probably busy texting.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:16 am

Arlington should bring anyone there to their knees. My great great uncle Herman Lutz is at Arlington. I dont have a picture, but he earned a bronze star and purple heart as well, he was killed by a japanese sniper somewhere in the philipines 2 weeks before VJ Day. There are too many people in this country who do not know what sacrifice others have given up to ensure freedom and the American way. There are too many people out there with as others stated their hands out instead of up. I will always be patriotic. used to get pissed off in high school when others did not pledge allegiance to the flag, and that was almost 20 yrs ago now. I dont even know if half the country understands what patriotism is.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 am

Anyone who dont stand up and put their hands over their heart are just filth. If they feel they shouldn't do that WHY THE HELL BE HERE!!!!! Disgusting scum that needs a brick to the face.

Sorry that just pisses me off.

Jerome
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: Re: What happened to patriotism?

Post by Jerome » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Hoss74 wrote:I am a tall, burly, bearded guy that most people look at and say "redneck". Not to toot my own horn, but I think I give off a tough persona and feel pretty darn tough.
I have been hit in the face with a brick and called the guy a censored word. I bent my steering wheel to the shape of my jaw and have a rather large chunk of my leg missing from my leg from an accident. This summer I had four wisdom teeth and two molars yanked out and refused pain medication.

This Saturday I went to a truck show in columbia county. They played the national anthem anf Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA and I cried like a baby, while a lot of people sat down, kept their hats on, or refused to put their hand over their heart.

What the heck happened to patriotism and being a God fearing and loving country?
U sound like my mom :grin:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

your mom is bearded and burly? wow.

Jerome
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Jerome » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm

And mean as hell

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:41 pm

L.O.L

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm

you know why they don't salute our flag??? The ACLU would find something wrong with it!!! This country better wise up. OR, we will be screwed.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:58 pm

she have any single sisters?
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 pm

drgn4sr wrote:you know why they don't salute our flag??? The ACLU would find something wrong with it!!! This country better wise up. OR, we will be screwed.
I was praying this country would wise up with the last election...unfortunately it didn't happen and the folks who voted the arrogant knucklehead into office again are still just as dumb as a box of rock as they ever were.

He don't salute either if he can get away with it.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:Anyone who dont stand up and put their hands over their heart are just filth. If they feel they shouldn't do that WHY THE HELL BE HERE!!!!! Disgusting scum that needs a brick to the face.

Sorry that just pisses me off.

Where is the "Like" button

:saluting
Bossman

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”