NRA STAND & FIGHT

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: NRA STAND & FIGHT

Post by GoodOyster » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Not a bad idea. I went to the website, but can't find a place to actually buy tickets. As a web developer, that always pisses me off to go to a website to order something and they don't make it overly obvious where to go.

Do you need a ticket to attend, or just to some of the exhibits and special events?
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 pm

This is the annual NRA member meeting, I have been to three or four of them in the last 20 years. You pay at the door, NRA members are FREE to enter the exhibit hall. The exhibit hall normally has every manufacturer present, this is just like the "Shot Show" except this is for individuals where the shot show is for dealers and distributors.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 pm

They do have some special dinners and auctions which you purchase tickets for as donations to the NRA.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

HogDaddy, what were you going to do, leave Thursday? I may join in, just need to know what days to take for vacation.

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm out for the NRA trip. Just got word from my daughter that her college graduation is May 4th, so we'll be over in West Palm Beach for that big event. Maybe next year!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 am

"stand and fight?" it's a venue for mfgr's to show and sell their wares, not a march on Washington. granted it is a fund raiser, of sorts for the NRA. kind of a come on gimmick if you ask me, taking advantage of the current political feelings. if you are not interested in seeing/buying new stuff you could mail in a donation and save the mileage and wear and tear on your vehicle. don't mean to be Debbie Downer but thought you should know before traveling that far. hopefully I'm wrong and there is more of a political agenda then selling stuff.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 am

Yes, alot of speeches and Pro-gun government officials in attendence but it's really a big show and tell for all the new toys....

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:27 am

Houston is a bit to far for me. I have been to one in Pittsburgh in 2011, two in Charlotte in 2010 and 2000, and one in St. Louis in the 90's. It's very cool and all the manufacturers are there. Normally takes two days to go through the exhibits if you take you time and ask alot of questions. Normally we bring home 2-3 large shopping bags each of free stuff, hats, t-shirts, bags, and all types of hunting, shooting sports and gun related things. If you are a gun guy or girl this trip/event should be mandatory at least once in a lifetime. Took my father for his first time in 2011 to Pittsburgh and now he's hooked.

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”