North Korea

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

North Korea

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 am

Is it just me or did i just hear on the news that " north korea IS ready to attack Guam and Hawaii. Ummm soo isn't hawaii part of the us? Sorry i don't watch too much tv but this can be a big deal right? Especially with North Korea basically saying they got nukes and Will use them.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: North Korea

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Yes. Something is brewing under the radar big time. We are beefing up for something/nothing and the media hasn't picked up on it yet. The right wing pages I follow on FB are all over it
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

North Korea

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Crazy. My girls sis was saying WAY BEFORE THIS HAPPENED that her and her husband might get stationed in Guam. We were like Guam? Wtf? Why?.. That shows you home long its been known before the media hears bout it.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Guam is a US Territory, and as such any attempt to attack them or Hawaii would be an act of war. But then so would an attack on South Korea, Japan, or any other of our Asian allies.

North Korea does this stuff every year at this time. Right now there are annual joint military exercises (called Team Spirit) going on in South Korea between all U.S. branches, UN and Korean militaries. Every year the North Koreans rattle their sabers and make threats, vowing to do this or that, and they don't do jack. It's a way of keeping their people in fear and under control, as "dear leader" is protecting them, and can't feed them because he needs the money for his war machine and extravagant lifestyle.

While I don't believe anything will come of it, especially right now with the size of our allied forces in the region at least 3 times normal, they bear watching. This current president and his administration have practically zero influence with China and Russia, the only two allies North Korea has (besides Iran maybe), and without them holding the leash, Mr. Kim may think this is a chance to try some stuff, although not so brazen as an attack on U.S. soil.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Well i am not a expert on North Korea but i am sure that they can't be seriously thinking that they could attack South Korea or especelly Hawaii or Guam, that the US won't get into war and they can't possibilly win, the only person on their side is Dennis Rodman who is a kook anyway....
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:36 pm

If they make any kind of a threat to anyone the USA will probally jump in to be BIG brother and spend some more of our tax dollars.
Bossman

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

North Korea

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Yea but they threaten us directly and we just do nothing.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm sure Obama will bow and apologise TO THEM for threatening us.from now on any animal harvestors, send the testicles to the white house. they need them bad.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:56 pm

nachogrande wrote:I'm sure Obama will bow and apologise TO THEM for threatening us.from now on any animal harvestors, send the testicles to the white house. they need them bad.
MFer! sorry had Diarrhea of the mouth...

:saluting
Bossman

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 pm

to me it is like a threat from a spoiled kid. smack him on the a*# and send them on their way. It does not intimidate me. What is scary is that the chinese are not doing anything about it. The chinese are attacking us everyday, economically, and with cyberthreats..., and the fact of the matter is that if you fight north korea you will be fighting chinese regulars just like vietnam, and have no chance of winning against the chinese anymore than they would have if they came to invade our shores.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 pm

north korea does not have nuclear missile capabilities....yet and yes, they do need to get their azz spanked at least once. their missiles do have the range for west coast strike but no nuclear stuff.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:32 am

GoodOyster wrote:Guam is a US Territory, and as such any attempt to attack them or Hawaii would be an act of war. But then so would an attack on South Korea, Japan, or any other of our Asian allies.

North Korea does this stuff every year at this time. Right now there are annual joint military exercises (called Team Spirit) going on in South Korea between all U.S. branches, UN and Korean militaries. Every year the North Koreans rattle their sabers and make threats, vowing to do this or that, and they don't do jack. It's a way of keeping their people in fear and under control, as "dear leader" is protecting them, and can't feed them because he needs the money for his war machine and extravagant lifestyle.

While I don't believe anything will come of it, especially right now with the size of our allied forces in the region at least 3 times normal, they bear watching. This current president and his administration have practically zero influence with China and Russia, the only two allies North Korea has (besides Iran maybe), and without them holding the leash, Mr. Kim may think this is a chance to try some stuff, although not so brazen as an attack on U.S. soil.
Yes and No. There is an exercise every year (actually 3 of them) with the US and South Korean forces, but it hasn't been called "Team Spirit" since the late 80's. You are correct, the North always makes these threats to keep the people in "fear and Under Control" when these exercises occur.

Attack the US, unlikely. Attack Seoul Possible..... Our foreign policy sucks right now and has sucked since 2008. Alot of our allies probably feel as though THEY don't know where we (the US) stand as far as supporting them in the event of conflict in there region or country which could/would ultimately affect US security/economy. It was great to see the president finally made a trip to Israel to ensure we have there back, only took him 5 1/2 years to do it.

Wish we would secure the southern US border like we have secured the North/South Korean border since 1953, difference is we have billions and billions of dollars in trade that crosses the southern US border annually and to secure it in the same fashion would cause the US and Mexico serious economic/trade issues, and that's the main reason it hasn't been done, in my opinion anyway. Sorry to derail your thread...

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 am

I've paid attention to the behavior of North Korea for about 20 yrs now. It seems that what they hope to gain from all of their belligerence is for someone to have "talks" with them, and come up with a plan to send them more food and/or oil in exchange for them to calm down and stop talking sh*t. Let's face it - they really don't have much of an economy or export. What does N. Korea have to offer other countries? I am truly surprised the current administration hasn't flown Hillary over on a super sonic jet to kiss Kim Jong Un's (i do not care if its spelled wrong) backside and ask pretty please to stop causing a ruckus and making our friends in S. Korea and Japan jumpy.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm

M12Gunboy wrote: Yes and No. There is an exercise every year (actually 3 of them) with the US and South Korean forces, but it hasn't been called "Team Spirit" since the late 80's.
Actually it was Team Spirit through 1993, and would have run in 94, 95, 96 under the same name, but the Clinton admin kissed NK hiney those years and cancelled them for "good will" and to try to encourage the North to stop building nukes. Boy, that worked out sweet, didn't it?

Since then exercises like it have been held during this time of year under other names and acronyms. One other large exercise that used to be in the fall was Foal Eagle, but I believe they now hold it in conjunction with the Spring exercises formerly called Team Spirit, and now called "Key Resolve".

Whatever they call it, the fact remains we have held these exercises every year since the mid-70's, and every time the NK regime has spouted off and made threats. What is happening this year is not really different in that respect. The difference is we once again have a US administration without the spine and cajones to tell the little NK pricks to stick it in their kimchee pots, we're having the exercises whether they like it or not.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:38 pm

N. Korea approves nuclear strike on United States
By Jung Ha-Won (AFP) – 1 hour ago
SEOUL — North Korea dramatically escalated its warlike rhetoric on Thursday, warning that it had authorised plans for nuclear strikes on targets in the United States.
"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," the North Korean military said, warning that war could break out "today or tomorrow".
Pyongyang's latest pronouncement came as Washington scrambled to reinforce its Pacific missile defences, preparing to send ground-based interceptors to Guam and dispatching two Aegis class destroyers to the region.
Tension was also high on the North's heavily-fortified border with South Korea, after Kim Jong-Un's isolated regime barred South Koreans from entering a Seoul-funded joint industrial park on its side of the frontier.
In a statement published by the state KCNA news agency, the Korean People's Army general staff warned Washington that US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".
"The merciless operation of our revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said.
Last month, North Korea threatened a "pre-emptive" nuclear strike against the United States, and last week its supreme army command ordered strategic rocket units to combat status.
But, while Pyongyang has successfully carried out test nuclear detonations, most experts think it is not yet capable of mounting a device on a ballistic missile capable of striking US bases or territory.
Mounting tension in the region could however trigger incidents on the tense and heavily-militarised border between North and South Korea.
There was no immediate American reaction to the North's latest statement, but US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Pyongyang represented a "real and clear danger" to the United States and to its allies South Korea and Japan.
"They have nuclear capacity now, they have missile delivery capacity now," Hagel said after a strategy speech at the National Defense University. "We take those threats seriously, we have to take those threats seriously."
"We are doing everything we can, working with the Chinese and others, to defuse that situation on the peninsula. I hope the North will ratchet its very dangerous rhetoric down," he said.
The Pentagon said it would send ground-based THAAD interceptor batteries to protect US bases on the island of Guam, complementing two Aegis anti-missile destroyers already dispatched to the region.
The THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defence) is a truck-mounted system that can pinpoint an enemy missile launch, track the projectile and launch an interceptor to bring it down.
Guam is a US island territory 3,380 kilometres (2,100 miles) southeast of North Korea in the Pacific and is home to 6,000 American military personnel, as well as bases for submarines and strategic bombers.
The new defensive measures came as Pyongyang stopped South Korean staff members from entering the Kaesong complex, a shared industrial zone funded by Seoul but 10 kilometres inside the North.
Pyongyang said the 861 South Koreans already in the zone could leave, but the move cut the last practical cooperation between the rival powers and was seen as a dramatic escalation in the crisis.
South Korea's defence ministry said it had contingency plans that included "military action" if the safety of its citizens in Kaesong was threatened.
China, the North's sole major ally, appealed for "calm" from all sides and Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Igor Morgulov said he was worried that the situation could spiral out of control.
Describing the Kaesong ban as "very regrettable", South Korea's Unification Ministry urged the North to normalise access immediately.
"Otherwise," the ministry warned, "not only will inter-Korean relations be negatively affected but North Korea will invoke greater criticism and isolation from the international community."
It said 33 South Koreans had returned from Kaesong, with hundreds staying on to keep their companies running smoothly.
Around 53,000 North Koreans work at 120 South Korean plants at the complex, which was still operating normally Wednesday.
Tensions have soared on the Korean peninsula since December, when the North test launched a long-range rocket. In February, it upped the ante once again by conducting its third nuclear test.
Washington has deployed nuclear-capable US B-52s, B-2 stealth bombers and two US destroyers to South Korean air and sea space.
This week, the North warned it would reopen its mothballed Yongbyon reactor -- its source of weapons-grade plutonium. The North shut down Yongbyon in July 2007 under a six-nation aid-for-disarmament accord.
Experts say it would take at least six months to get the reactor back up and running, after which it will be able to produce one bomb's worth of weapons-grade plutonium per year.
Copyright © 2013 AFP. All rights reserved. More »
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”