Who will join me?

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Hoss74
Assistant Patrol Leader

Who will join me?

Post by Hoss74 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:28 pm

I was thinking the other day that the voice of the average citizen rarely gets heard anymore. Lobbyists speak on behalf of the citizens, and often not in the citizens best interest. The media cannot be trusted to speak for us either. Then I got to thinking... I wonder how many letters the Whitehouse gets per day? Turns out the answer is about 7,000 a day. Then I thought... What if every man, woman, and child discontent with something going on in the government all mailed out a letter on the same day?
There are 300 million people in the US. Surely half are discontent with something. What if only 5% of that half sent letters on the same day?
That would be 7.5 million letters... or one thousand times the amount of daily mail....or 3 years worth of mail in a single day.
Honestly the D.C. post office could not deliver it all. It would take thousands of trucks that they just don't have.

What kind of statement would that make?

I created a Facebook event for just such a cause. Who wants to join me? With a little spreading around this could be huge.

The event details and what exact date to send a letter is in the link.

Remember... If you want you can even send it without your return address

https://facebook.com/events/202674836546840

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”