NOT GUILTY

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: NOT GUILTY

Post by houseofmicah » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Crazy how some people don't pay attention to the facts of the story and draw their own emotionally based conclusions. The usual suspects are now going to take full advantage of this situation to stir the pot some more and the media will keep leading the sheeple around. They got the arrest they wanted, they got the trial they wanted, and the correct verdict. Unfortunately for them it was not the verdict they wanted. Maybe if the facts actually were in the prosecutions favor things would have gone differently. They were not. Calling someone out when you claim to know the facts is just silly. Showing that you clearly do not know the facts and are basing it all on your emotions and opinions is just dumb. Not really worth arguing about. The media hyped it up as a racial thing and it simply was not. It was an unfortunate event that took place by two people who could have made different choices.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:12 pm

In my opinion (and it appears everyone has one) this has become totally racial, thanks to distorted media coverage. Most of us are aware of the terrible 4th of July occurrences in Chicago where over 60 people were shot and at least 10 died of gun shot wounds. Where is the outrage from the liberal media denouncing these wasted lives? No outcry from Al Sharpton or any of the like. Most of that was black on black crime, but it only seems to matter to the media when a white person comes out the winner.

Y'all have heard the old saying, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander!" It seems that a lot of folks ought to sweep around their own door before they come to Florida and create an issue that really isn't valid especially when a jury has spoken. Even O'bama said the jury has spoken, what more do these people need? We can't allow our laws be interpreted by feelings, or liberal political correctness, common sense needs to prevail.

My 2 cents worth, Treefarmer

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

NOT GUILTY

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:22 pm

If zimmerman would of been guilty all non blacks would delt with it and went to bed. Not riot. Thats just the truth.

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:34 pm

True. Destroying property and stopping traffic fixes nothing.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 pm

FLhunter33 wrote:The lesson learned is if your getting beaten to a pulp in the dark by someone; you better make sure they are not black before you defend yourself. That is if your white, part white or have a white sounding last name... Don't volunteer and put yourself at risk to try and make your neighborhood a better place or you will be called a over zealous cop wanna be.

Here is the 800 lb gorilla in the room... What percentage of violent crime is committed by blacks? Chris Rock even does a bit about how when he is at the ATM, who he is looking over his shoulder for. little hint, it's not the media... So until the "black community" does something about it's own problems with violence then they will be viewed as suspect just for being black.

There seems to be some consensus among the proponents that TM was a victim; that if you are confronted by words violence is an appropriate reaction. If I was walking around my neighborhood in the rain wearing a hoodie and one of my neighbors followed me and verbally confronted me; my response would be "thanks for looking out for the neighborhood, I live right over there.. My name is Brett, what's yours??" I would never punch them in the head jump on them and beat them. In what state of delusion does it become all right to beat someone for asking you a question? Even if Zim walked up and said something to the effect of hey you fing N word why are you here? There would be no justification for the beating that ensued.

People like Al Sharpton never mention the fact that Zim had been beaten up. They just call TM a child and talk about how all he had was some skittles.. Guess what maybe instead of drumming up more hate, you should look at why it is that Blacks in hoodies are feared. Maybe it's because if you look at crime stats a majority of violent crime is perpetrated by black males and the uniform of choice is a hoodie. So now I can't take a simple fact of life and point it out without being a racist? The fact is there were witnesses who said that crimes were being committed by young black males in that neighborhood. So who are you going to look for? Old korean men? Give me a break...
X2!

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:18 pm

CitySlicker wrote:Zimmerman, to me is innocent according to Florida law. Non the less he is a coward who disregarded advice from the law, and took things into his own hands. Probably to excellerate his career options, and then got punked by a kid minding his own business. When he found out he should not of confronted the kid like the police told him to do it was to late. He ended up getting his azz whipped, and cowardly put 1 in him ending his life. If he would have had the ability to follow instruction from the law he would of never been in that situation to begin with. M12, sounds like you you just walk around all the time with your finger on the trigger. Real sad. You must of been beat to a pulp as a younger man, and decided you have no ability to defend yourself other than a firearm. Which is fine. Not everyone has the ability to rumble you know women, and kids, and such. If you confronted me in the dark you better already have your piece in my face, or you would be sleeping in 1, or 2 blows from my fists. Than if it carried on I might pull my piece, and cap you. Still you are the 1 who confronted me.
I am a proud gun owner, and believe in the right to protect yourself as long as you are not the 1 seeking the trouble, or trying to be a Keystone Cop.
So basically what you are saying is that if you were confronted by someone who was questioning why you were in there neighborhood after dark you'd respond with violence? Wow, welcome to the new generation. TM responded the same way and the result was a DIRT nap! And you call yourself a responsible gun owner? Enough said there...

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 pm

CitySlicker wrote:Look a coward is a coward. Just because most of us are gun owners, and love guns. Does not help the cause of us responsible gun owners when a pus plugs a kid for his own stupidity. It actually hurts our cause. When you got some guy that thinks he is the utmost authority on guns sounding arrogant in the right to use 1 any time he feels fit. It hurts our cause even more so. Sorry I see a trend on most hunting forums where some one plugs a would be thug, and the mass of hunters jump on the bandwagon. Trust me this publicity is not helping your hunting rights a bit. To a lot of the public we are just gun toting thugs!
Hunting rights? How about 2nd Amendment rights. If they take those away, you'll be lucky to own a bow and arrow. Let's just imagine the verdict was different and they found him guilty, do you think that would have an impact and possible change to the "Stand your ground law" in Florida. You bet it would have. Was Zimmerman stupid and go a bit to far, probably, but when he felt his life was threatened, he terminated the threat, plain and simple.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:23 pm

DONY1 wrote:As far as I'm concerned I'd have GZ as a neighbor any time. I've been there and done that when it comes to break ins in a neighborhood. You couple guys sit back and let whoever walk through your neighborhood, wave hello to 'em and call the cops when your chit is ripped off. As for me I'm watching and questioning anyone that doesn't look like they belong there or are up to no good. Nothing illegal with that. As far as I'm concerned that's called looking out for your neighbors and I encourage it. Had the kid just gone home he'd still be around. Instead he laid in wait for GZ and ended up getting capped. It is what it is.
X2!

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:26 pm

ihunt47 wrote:
bellyacher wrote:
ihunt47 wrote:Wow you guys lack a good amount of commen sense. The dude followed a kid not bothering anybodyyou an pursued him even tho cops told itim not to. Wtf was the kid suppose to do? Have yall never been in a fight before? You got to oull out a gun because your a pu!@$ who cant fighting? Yall need to grow up if you cant take an asswhooping like a man and feel the need to pull out a gun
I know you must have fell down and hit your head real hard. #1 the cops never told him not to follow him. #2 TM should have kept walking and went home instead of coming back and and putting his hands on anybody. #3 have been in plenty of fights, now to old and crippled up for that crap and there is no such thing as a fair fight you fight to win so if you come to a gun fight wanting to fist fight. #4 any strange person walking around my place I will ask them who they are and what there doing. and if they want to attack me over it they will get the same thing TM did. #5 its my right to protect myself by any means. #6 this is the Gunshine state and before you go attacking people you need to remember that there is over 1 million people in Fla with cwp. #7 Please go to the nearest hospital and get your head injury taken care of
1. Cops did tell him not to pursue him I can find the recording if you like.
2.he did keep walking home he was confronted so he took action
3. Yea you probably been in fights and by the looks of it you got whooped to many times seeing as your quick to grab a gun and yea i agree you fight to WIN not kill dude I was a kid
4. The mid was walking home stop try to be a cop and go to sleep. Walking isnt illegal
5.yea I agree but learn when to use deadly force
6.no shart sherlock I have a cwp. And im sorry I didnt know you were there you saw the kid attack him first?
7. I would say lets meet up and handle this like men but you would just pull a gun since y ou lost your pair
Seriously grow up dude
You or wrong on all 7 points. If you can prove this one show us. "
1. Cops did tell him not to pursue him I can find the recording if you like." show us were the COPS told him anything. Once this one is proven wrong then we will move on to #2 and so on
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

M12Gunboy wrote:
CitySlicker wrote:Zimmerman, to me is innocent according to Florida law. Non the less he is a coward who disregarded advice from the law, and took things into his own hands. Probably to excellerate his career options, and then got punked by a kid minding his own business. When he found out he should not of confronted the kid like the police told him to do it was to late. He ended up getting his azz whipped, and cowardly put 1 in him ending his life. If he would have had the ability to follow instruction from the law he would of never been in that situation to begin with. M12, sounds like you you just walk around all the time with your finger on the trigger. Real sad. You must of been beat to a pulp as a younger man, and decided you have no ability to defend yourself other than a firearm. Which is fine. Not everyone has the ability to rumble you know women, and kids, and such. If you confronted me in the dark you better already have your piece in my face, or you would be sleeping in 1, or 2 blows from my fists. Than if it carried on I might pull my piece, and cap you. Still you are the 1 who confronted me.
I am a proud gun owner, and believe in the right to protect yourself as long as you are not the 1 seeking the trouble, or trying to be a Keystone Cop.
So basically what you are saying is that if you were confronted by someone who was questioning why you were in there neighborhood after dark you'd respond with violence? Wow, welcome to the new generation. TM responded the same way and the result was a DIRT nap! And you call yourself a responsible gun owner? Enough said there...
aint that the truth

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 pm

M12Gunboy wrote:
CitySlicker wrote:Look a coward is a coward. Just because most of us are gun owners, and love guns. Does not help the cause of us responsible gun owners when a pus plugs a kid for his own stupidity. It actually hurts our cause. When you got some guy that thinks he is the utmost authority on guns sounding arrogant in the right to use 1 any time he feels fit. It hurts our cause even more so. Sorry I see a trend on most hunting forums where some one plugs a would be thug, and the mass of hunters jump on the bandwagon. Trust me this publicity is not helping your hunting rights a bit. To a lot of the public we are just gun toting thugs!
Hunting rights? How about 2nd Amendment rights. If they take those away, you'll be lucky to own a bow and arrow. Let's just imagine the verdict was different and they found him guilty, do you think that would have an impact and possible change to the "Stand your ground law" in Florida. You bet it would have. Was Zimmerman stupid and go a bit to far, probably, but when he felt his life was threatened, he terminated the threat, plain and simple.
yes sir, and remember it was a gated community. he seen a person that didn't fit or never seen there before and the people there have been robbed several times and also a home invasion. If you don't ask what there doing there you become part of the problem.

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Folks I'm not a expert. and I wasn't a witness of this action, a couple of points 1 what would have been said if TM wasn't just a kid walking home and he was a burglar or with home invasion on his mind, what would we be saying about GM for just calling the Non Emergency number? 2 what if TM who was taking kick boxing lessons , ran home when that Cracker was following him? This subject can go on ...No One can say what they would really do unless put in the same situation.. But the right to protect ourselves is our right, 2 wrongs don't make a right.. so lets not get all hot and bothered on our forum.. we all love guns weather we have a CWP or Hunt with them.... Lets all be satisified that there was a trial and he was found innocent, by a jury after hearing all the evidence that was available to them... :proud
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 am

well I guess I called it. while watching bits and pieces of the TM/GZ trial listening to Travons female "acquaintance" testify and get caught in lie after lie, I lost count. those of you that followed it more closely should know. I half jokingly said to my wife "watch this girl, she's gonna end up with her own reality tv show". well maybe not just yet. she avoided perjury charges, how/why? you tell me. not only no perjury but she has been given a free 4 year college scholarship ALL EXPENSES PAID! that is if she can pass her GED. who knows how far she can parlay her 15 minutes of fame. REWARDED FOR LYING. if I got that I'd be rich.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

kc45
Troop Bugler

Post by kc45 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:54 am

Just my $0.02 worth from my observations...

1. We used to be a nation of law where the legal process ruled the country. Even the smallest guy had the rules of law behind him and allowed him to fight the biggest guy. It was not perfect system and we all knew it but we also knew it was better than anything else. Now we are becoming a nation of mob rule. We want to reward illegal immigrants by letting them become legal while those wanting to enter this country legally wait years and spend their life savings to do so. Now the federal government wants to get involved in a state matter that was settled just to appease a mob. In a nation of law we do not sacrifice an innocent to appease the mob.

2. We as a country has improved the racial relations between various races in last 50 years. We don't have the overt racism of past and most people try their best not to be racist. However for some the racism is something to make into business and they have no reason to improve the race relations. By keeping the tension high on the issue of race they make money. These people have sold their soul to the devil for money.

3. We used to depend on our journalist to keep us informed of news. We used to get the facts and we would form our own opinions based on those facts. Journalist were never truly neutral and we knew it but they tried their best to not let their personal bias get into the story. Now we no longer have journalism, instead we have entertainment programs catering to various segments of our society. We have conservative, liberal, black, Hispanic, etc. entertainment programs calling themselves news programs.

4. I think people have forgotten how to think for themselves. We used to take information and process it in our brain and form our opinion. Now we expect our entertainment programs to digest and give us their opinions which we hold as our own. We are slowly becoming a nation of idiots.

We always knew our country and system was not perfect but we knew it was better than anything else in the world and took pride by that knowledge. Now we see our country and our system slowly (maybe not so slowly) being destroyed by those of us on the outside and by those on the inside for personal gains. The country is being torn apart and crumbling down.

It's a sad state for those of us who are trying to improve it.
God help our country because I don't think anyone else can save it from it's destruction.

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 pm

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/3 ... merman.pdf

Idk how accurate that is, but I feel Zimmerman did the right thing, and I really feel bad for him right now. His life is changed forever for simply doing his job. And he didn't even seem 100% sure about his race, proving race had nothing to do with it. "He looks black," not he IS black. Seems like that was insignificant to GZ.

And to get something straight, pursue and follow are two completely different terms. Google them.

Zimmerman was doing his job, and imagine if the cops show up and you just say "oh he got away." Cool, what did that solve? I feel him just letting TM get away when he looked suspicious would defeat the purpose of having a security guard. Zimmerman FOLLOWED TM, not pursued him. He wanted to be able to tell cops where he was when they showed up.

I hate to say this, but imagine if TM survived. I wonder how the case would have went down. I think a lot of lying would have been done, as it already was done by his parents.

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”