Obama Care

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Obama Care

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:13 am

I know they haven't gotten funding for this yet BUT. this is gonna happen. Me and my wife have health ins through the company she works for.and she got a letter yesterday saying that pretty much if you dont use the company ins for your health ins, you will have to get under the obama care plan or be penalized with money taken directly from your check.

WTF you cant force someone who cant afford ins to buy it. Most people who dont have health ins is cause they cant afford it taken from their check.

This is crazy and controlling.

9dawgs

Re: Obama Care

Post by 9dawgs » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:45 am

Cr0ck1 wrote:WTF you cant force someone who cant afford ins to buy it. Most people who dont have health ins is cause they cant afford it taken from their check.
Yep, you are correct sir. And that's the whole issue with this train wreck! My senior pastor here has insurance through his wife's company and their family premium is going up about $2000 when this is put into place. Thanks mr prez.

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:47 am

Um, yeah. That's why folks are pretty pissed about it.

The sheeple thought it sounded great and voted for it by proxy. Now they'll reap what they sowed and we'll all pay the price.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

You guys need to call me after Oct 1. to see if I can help.

727-320-6025
Blue Cross Blue Shield Agent
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Welcome to the new America....we didn't get here overnight, but im guessing 50 yrs from now will be unrecognizable as founded. If you THINK WE ARE THERE NOW...NOT EVEN CLOSE. Sad to think that the new Republic has been brought to its knees in less than 4 generations. Completely redirected.

DaveT
Second Class Scout

Post by DaveT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:13 pm

blackpowderscout wrote:Um, yeah. That's why folks are pretty pissed about it.

The sheeple thought it sounded great and voted for it by proxy. Now they'll reap what they sowed and we'll all pay the price.

Its what happens when the uninformed and uneducated finally have enough votes to elect the fine man we now call President....
Not saying I agree with everything the GOP does, but the GOP depends on everyone truly understanding the issues, the dumbocrats pray that they don't. The result, Obamacare, Benghazi, IRS Fraud, Eric Holder. etc. etc.....but at least they have succeeded in making Chicago a truly safe city.
http://WWW.TampaTaxidermy.com

Sometimes I wake up Grumpy.....but mostly I just let her sleep....

blackpowderscout

Post by blackpowderscout » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Both parties suck. If I could say it any harsher on this site I would. Its not about the GOP or the Dems. Its about the people of this country bring too stupid and naive to vote responsibly AND toss in the fact that politicians change their tone once they get to Washington.

Our system is to blame. We created this mess. The grand experiment is failing.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

ArcheoGator
scout

Post by ArcheoGator » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:59 pm

I am up the creek. I have had type 1 diabetes for 22 years now. Not exactly a cheap disease. If I do not have access to the right medicines at a cost that I can afford, I die. No, I don't even expect others to pay for it; I just wish the ***ing government would leave my family's pay alone so we can take care of ourselves. We can afford my wife's policy now, and we can pull off the cost of our prescription plan. Who knows about 2014, though.

It sucks, because at the age of 35, I should now be reaching a level where my family is gradually enjoying a few things and becoming more stable financially. We played by all the rules, but now this system of ours is sucking us dry. It is hard to raise my boys with morals and pride, when we see how others have gotten further in the game by leeching off of us (including politicians).

I just mentioned today to a cousin that my grandpa passed at the right time. He was a WWII Marine, and I am pretty sure he did not go through hell to watch our country fall apart only two generations later. Sometimes I feel like dressing up and chucking some tea.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Yep this sucks. We pay out the asss right now to cover me, wife and 2 kids. Now they want more. How about telling the moochers to kick rocks.

Sent from my killphone.

drgn4sr

Post by drgn4sr » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:14 pm

interesting point....if it goes into effect, who is responsible. the demos will then realize what a fiasco this is and can't blame the repubs. Not really a solution but the "dumbazzes" rule the country right now. And the repubs. are fighting amongst themselves. Time for the old farts to get out.

cshunter1908
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by cshunter1908 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:38 pm

The only thing I will mention is , the system is unsustainable.
"Cursum Perficio" I accomplish the course.
Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Hoss74
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Hoss74 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:11 pm

I need to talk to my doctor. If he'll still see me as a cash patient, I'm not carrying insurance next year and I'll pay the fine.

Hoss74
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Hoss74 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Having worked in the healthcare industry I can tell you one of the problems with it is this...

Doctor's have no set price on anything. Have you ever gone into a doctor's office and seen a menu?

Xray $250
Blood sample $40
Physical $200

You'll never see that because every patient is different depending on their insurance or lack there of.

If you have top rate insurance the doctor might try to charge $500 for an xray and be denied and only allowed to charge $50. If you have no insurance the doctor can charge you $1000 and there's nothing you can do.

If you want my opinion I think we all need to drop insurance. Obamacare is dependant on the somewhat healthy paying ungodly amounts of money to make up for the very sick. And, to be honest, if insurance companies were out of the picture healthcare would become a free market where doctors would be forced to charge reasonable prices to be competitive

I don't mean to be cruel, but there's an old saying in the healthcare industry.

"It's not that obesity runs in your family, it's that nobody runs in your family"

Heck, I'm fat... but it's of my own doing.
I started running every day so I can be healthier for the upcoming year with no insurance.

Reaper
scout

Post by Reaper » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 am

BDu6MBaCIAAOOMO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am

Well my feeling is the only ones that will benefit from Obama Care is the folks that are on welfare, Now don't get me wrong I feel for those who really deserve it but the lazy group that want their "Obama Money" should have to do something for it not just sit at home .. That's just my opinion
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”