Political correctness finally gone too far?

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Political correctness finally gone too far?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:48 pm

They are under a 2 year non compete if they get fired/quit...from what I heard today
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:06 am

I applaud Phil Robertson for doing this interview as "Phil Robertson" and not an individual who would be afraid to answer the questions "TRUTHFULLY" for fear of offending someone. When is the last time anyone saw a liberal bite their tongue because they were afraid it might offend the other side?
More and more the conservatvie Christians are expected to shart down, shut up and accept what the modern world spews out.
I will not be surprised at all if their show is cancelled, stores drop their merchandise, etc. As a matter of fact I fully expect it. Christians have been mistreated, persecuted and discriminated all over the world because of what they believe (as it is written). Its happened here in this country, but since it pertains to folks who have the largest viewed cable show it has garnered more attention.
I've read and reread the interview and I can't find where he threw out any words of hate. All he did was offer the view that was opposite of many of the readers of the magazine and that my friends means he has to be silenced. If the people he offended were actually comfortable or accepting of their lifestyle they would not have said a word. This tells me they probably have deep feelings of guilt for the lives they are living.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Political correctness finally gone too far?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 am

Im catholic and don't speak about my beliefs cause i don't need a lecture from someone else who believes in the same thing (different religion) but is telling me the story went another way. I just shut up and don't talk religion.

Some people are brought up a certain way and its not their fault that (thats all they know) .

I will not say (some people don't know any better) cause thats only a comment that comes from a person who thinks their way IS better.

Good for phil! Speak your beliefs. The people who got hurt are probably in the closet and scared to be uncovered! A true gay person from the gay community would just hear it and move on with their life.

Sent from my killphone.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:57 am

X711 wrote:freedom of speech: the right to say whatever you please without the fear of being persecuted by the government..

A&E is the employer, duck dudes are the employees and under a very strict contract... gotta abide by that contract or expect the repercussions.

Divorce is the same sin as being gay according to the OT/NT bible I learned at the christian schools I went to, but I know better then to tell a employer that I believe he/she is going to hell because of their choice to disregard the holy union they swore to... and if I did i'd expect a target on my back or some kitchen duty detail... you know what i mean??

:toast be realistic and you won't be so surprised by him getting dumped.
Divorce is not a sin in either the OT or NT under biblical guidelines but is allowed by God. And it's certainly not the same as being gay. God on the other hand hates divorce (Mal 2:16) because it is not the best for mankind. But He does allow for it in cases of adultery and this concession is only because of the hardness of the heart of man (Matt 19:8-9). In other words marriage is supposed to reflect Christ's relationship with the church and God Himself said that He would never leave us or forsake us so when we do something stupid like divorce then we are misrepresenting God. There's always a way to reconcile if both parties are willing to let the Lord work them through it.

Oh and we don't go to hell because of our sin. The only way to get there is to deny Christ as your Savior. We are all sinners plain and simple. And we're only made righteous and are allowed in the presence of a Righteous God by the Blood of Christ. If I'm in sin I want someone to hold me accountable. If someone else is in sin, we need to at least make them aware. That's all Phil was doing. He may be a little rough around the edges by the way he went about it but he did the right thing. It's getting harder and harder to find folks that will do that these days.

Absolutely A&E has the right to fire him. But it is a reality show and that's who this family is. And I really don't think the whole gay and lesbian crowd pays too much attention to it anyhow. I think A&E will change their tune when their $$ starts drying up and their ratings drop.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Wow there so many people afraid to tell there boss the truth. I slammed the door it his face. Then when he opened it i told him what i thought and how he will talk to me. Been here 15 year know.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:42 pm

JBUG308 wrote:I applaud Phil Robertson for doing this interview as "Phil Robertson" and not an individual who would be afraid to answer the questions "TRUTHFULLY" for fear of offending someone. When is the last time anyone saw a liberal bite their tongue because they were afraid it might offend the other side?
More and more the conservatvie Christians are expected to shart down, shut up and accept what the modern world spews out.
I will not be surprised at all if their show is cancelled, stores drop their merchandise, etc. As a matter of fact I fully expect it. Christians have been mistreated, persecuted and discriminated all over the world because of what they believe (as it is written). Its happened here in this country, but since it pertains to folks who have the largest viewed cable show it has garnered more attention.
I've read and reread the interview and I can't find where he threw out any words of hate. All he did was offer the view that was opposite of many of the readers of the magazine and that my friends means he has to be silenced. If the people he offended were actually comfortable or accepting of their lifestyle they would not have said a word. This tells me they probably have deep feelings of guilt for the lives they are living.

Yes only those who know there doing wrong are upset about this. I seriously did not find anything offensive about any off it.

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”