Political correctness finally gone too far?

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Re: Political correctness finally gone too far?

Post by blackpowderscout » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:25 am

But it's his duty as a Christian to spread the WORD, not sit there quietly becuase he's scared of losing money.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 am

No I wouldn't. But then again I don't discuss anything with customers other than the job at hand. I learned my lesson a long time ago
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re:

Post by X711 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:42 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:No I wouldn't. But then again I don't discuss anything with customers other than the job at hand. I learned my lesson a long time ago

smart man

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:26 am

blackpowderscout wrote:But it's his duty as a Christian to spread the WORD, not sit there quietly because he's scared of losing money.
I agree. If asked the question then you reply with an honest answer. It was truly baited by GQ but that doesn't make any difference. I applaud Phil and the cast for sticking to their guns. There's too many light weight watered down PC Christians that are running scared with the current political climate in this country. If we whitewash everything to be less "offensive" then we may as well be telling them that sin is not sin. But it is a sin, plain and simple. I actually thought his comments were spoken very well. Honestly I hope they dump A&E altogether and switch to another channel that's less liberal.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:45 pm

I don't really hold back. I am not PC

Merry Christmas
and yea being gay is a sin.

Dirtroadz
scout

Post by Dirtroadz » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Adding bleeps to someone's dialogue to make the show seem more gritty is truly offensive & borderline slanderous. A whole new low! Probably the same a$$hol editors who think they're fooling us when they show a vulture flying while piping in some stock eagle sounds.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 am

Cracker Barrel, who was the first company to sell duck commander stuff, has pulled "certain items that may be deemed offensive" from their shelves. What the heck can be offensive? An Uncle Si tea glass?

Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture.

We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores.

We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation.

We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:08 am

Cracker barrel blows anyhow. Crappy food that I can make at my house, plus I'm not old enough to eat there yet...lol
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:30 am

Yea they suck. Went there once and that was good enough!

Sent from my killphone.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:27 pm

If they made the food listed on there menu good Then it might concern me but they can screw up hot chocolate.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:59 pm

They gave me a shot glass of coleslaw as a side . Still mad bout that.

Sent from my killphone.

graybellplumb
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by graybellplumb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:54 pm

There are comments by "gay" people that defend his right to say what he wants to. He didn't tell everyone they ought to beat them up or stick them in jail or kill them. He just said he doesn't agree with the way they live.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:47 am

This is all about freedom of speech. Hes being attacked by people who want to take that away

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by X711 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:22 pm

freedom of speech: the right to say whatever you please without the fear of being persecuted by the government..

A&E is the employer, duck dudes are the employees and under a very strict contract... gotta abide by that contract or expect the repercussions.

Divorce is the same sin as being gay according to the OT/NT bible I learned at the christian schools I went to, but I know better then to tell a employer that I believe he/she is going to hell because of their choice to disregard the holy union they swore to... and if I did i'd expect a target on my back or some kitchen duty detail... you know what i mean??

:toast be realistic and you won't be so surprised by him getting dumped.

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by X711 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:34 pm

9dawgs wrote:
blackpowderscout wrote:But it's his duty as a Christian to spread the WORD, not sit there quietly because he's scared of losing money.
I agree. If asked the question then you reply with an honest answer. It was truly baited by GQ but that doesn't make any difference. I applaud Phil and the cast for sticking to their guns. There's too many light weight watered down PC Christians that are running scared with the current political climate in this country. If we whitewash everything to be less "offensive" then we may as well be telling them that sin is not sin. But it is a sin, plain and simple. I actually thought his comments were spoken very well. Honestly I hope they dump A&E altogether and switch to another channel that's less liberal.
interviews are loaded questions mainly, just looking for any response and the more you talk the worse you look...

just think if he would have said "I believe homosexuality is wrong" instead of "starts out with homosexuality and morphs to bestiality" just simple response wouldn't have caused such an uproar..

and for a&e, i'll bet they got tight contracts and enough lawyer wording to scare away most other venues and besides they own the duck dynasty name.. won't be easy to just pack up and be picked up by someone else.

Maybe a "Uncle Si goes to hollywood" show will rise up from the ashes of duck dynasty???? That would be interesting

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”