Bought the Mossberg .50 cal Blackpowder conversion barrel

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

deutze
Second Class Scout

Re: Bought the Mossberg .50 cal Blackpowder conversion barre

Post by deutze » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:03 pm

most shooters I see lately have gone the 45 cal pistol bullet in a 50 cal sabot and pellets. those red plastic tubes with caps on both end will hold powder/pellet, sabot and load pretty quick. a few of those in a pocket is what I use when hunting. we used to use the old traditional prb's with spit when starting out and they are likely cheaper and may be as accurate. only your gun will know for sure. don't know if the old saying of "spit on it it'l go right in " was meant for b/p shooting. but it works.

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 am

i think that they make pellets in 50 grain and 30 grain. if so you would have more options, but if your a purist the powder is the way to go. i had no interest in bp hunting until i found an old flask that was in my grandpas house stowed away. It would have been my great or great great grandfathers It still had the powder in it and the powder still has kick after ?????????years.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by fishindad » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:57 am

I am curious. How did that barrel perform?
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Return to “THE ARMORY”