Be Prepared

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Be Prepared

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 am

Well, I'd recommend if you aren't already prepared you get prepared as the Democrats have made it very very clear they would support a new "assault weapons ban", meaning high cap magazines and semi automatic weapons. I believe they will first hit the ammunition and reloading supply market much much harder than they already have forcing the price to increase excessively over the next 2 years. This includes all ammo even .22LR rounds.

Firearms to keep your eye on and add to your inventories should include the FN FAL, AK-47, SKS, SAIGA (all of them including shotguns), AR-15, AR-10, HK semi's, any Class III item, any semi auto shotgun, any semi auto rifles, and any semi auto handguns. It would not surprise me if they will go as far as banning the M1 carbine, M1 Garand, and M1A/M14 in the next initial ban.

I remember when they ban high cap magazines and limited magazines to 10 rounds including handguns. 15 and 17 round Glock mags were selling in the 100-200 dollar range, if you could fnd one.

If you haven't gotten stocked up on reloading supplies, brass, ammo, magazines, and your choice of semi auto rifles and shotguns I wouldn't waste anymore time. I believe after the 1st of the year we are going to see some changes which we thought would have happened during the past 4 years.

Hopefully I am wrong! I'm not trying to be paranoid, just realistic. Once they ban this stuff this time I believe it will not have an expiration date like the 1994 assault weapons ban did. It will be a FOREVER ban and be tough to over turn down the road. Obama has already stopped the importation of surplus assault-military weapons from overseas, i.e. the AK-47 and SKS which is a good indication that things coming down the road could be very very bad for our 2nd Ammendment rights and lawful possession of firearms and ammunition.

That's two cents. You've been warned.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Be Prepared

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 am

Gonna go buy a new rifle today. Did it 4 years ago, gonna do it today too
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 am

I think ammo is more important right now.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 am

Skunk Ape wrote:I think ammo is more important right now.
I second that.

Just might buy a couple of boxes before the end of the week.

CWFAsian1129
Tenderfoot

Post by CWFAsian1129 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am

Skunk Ape wrote:I think ammo is more important right now.
Agreed

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

M12Gunboy wrote: I believe they will first hit the ammunition and reloading supply market much much harder than they already have forcing the price to increase excessively over the next 2 years. This includes all ammo even .22LR rounds.
Yeah, that was my first point!

Greybeard
First Class Scout

Post by Greybeard » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:00 am

My son in Mass. said he went to Walmart Wednesday and the ammo case was well-stocked. He went again Thursday and it was empty except for some 9mm and a few other boxes.
At another gun store he usually goes to, he normally is there with only 2-3 other customers. Thursday the owner had installed one of those deli-style take a number boxes. He went in and could hardly move around because of the crowd. His number was 75 and they were waiting on #30!!! The owner told him he had taken a delivery Thursday morning, by the afternoon when my son was there, only 25 cases were left in the store! Gus were buying up 2 and 3 cases!
Oh, the good news- he's in fire academy now. he discovered that when he graduates, he can get a first responder discount on many new weapons! (Of course Deval Patrick will have something to say on that now that Zerobama's back in the saddle!)
“The best government is that which governs least.”

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 am

Just got my ar.

CWFAsian1129
Tenderfoot

Post by CWFAsian1129 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 am

Cr0ck1 wrote:Just got my ar.
I am buying every .223 or 5.56 ammo that I can find.

Planning to get another Spike's tactical mid-length or carbine pretty soon.

Return to “THE ARMORY”