Shot the 30.06

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Shot the 30.06

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:Gonna have to side with Carlos on the leverevolutions. I am not impressed with them either. They shoot great and are very accurate, but I am less than satisfied with their terminal performance. Now granted my 3030 is my 75 yard gun, and I neck shoot just about every shot I fire out of it. However, the couple body shots I have taken with mine resulted in long runs by the animals with little to no blood. A doe and one hog come to mind. Both had entry eand exit woulds the size of the bullet and massive internal damage

Only way I found the doe was I saw her white belly . She had run 100 yards with zero blood, and it was a perfect hit.
I switched back to the 170gr core lokts in 3030
Exactly allen.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Shot the 30.06

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:04 pm

nachogrande wrote:if you're losing hogs from a 30-30 and shots are not excessively long then it's gotta be placement/ angle/bullet selection. 29 poorly placed follow up shots aren't the answer. it should only take 1, infrequently 2, and almost never 3. a good stock bedding for a rifle is a big help also. using a bipod I see. they are great. did you get the removable mag you wanted with that stock? looks good. was that a regular #2 pencil you made the holes in that target with,lol.
None. I dont miss and dont put up poorly placed shots. This is not my first rodeo. If you ever see a 250 plus hog put a lever revolution on him. This is the second huge hog that laughed at the lever revolutions and no blood. Hes been spotted at the same stand with a jacked up neck.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Re: Shot the 30.06

Post by nachogrande » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

like I said "placement/angle or BULLET SELECTION" I never cared for Any gummy tips and got reamed for sugesting leverevolutions aren't the best thing since the wheel. in my 35 rem lever I can tell no accuracy difference with leverevolutions vs rem factory interlockts or my handloads. I know you are a great shot and can hit the ground most times you try. j.k.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Shot the 30.06

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Well its not that they arent accurate. I just think they just zip through. No big exit hole, no blood. Thats all.

Sent From Cr0ck1' IPhone most likely from the woods.

Return to “THE ARMORY”