LOUSY H&R CUSTOMER SERVICE

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 pm

well it looks like H&R has joined the club of Remington takeovers and customer service is in the toilet. don't expect product quality to be far behind. it will be similar to Marlin I imagine. now I'm no gunsmith but have been around them and owned more than a few and have at least 6 diff trigger jobs or replacements, so even with my hands I can tell the difference between a 3 lb trigger pull and an 8 lb one. I returned my varmintmaster to get a 243 bbl with the understanding that they do a free trigger job when buying a new bbl. I got the old remington corporate policy line "the trigger falls within factory spec and we cannot do anything" where have I heard that before? so I call cust srv and get nimrod on the phone and ask him "what exactly is your factory spec wt range", and he doesn't know,has to look it up, tells me 3-8 lbs. then I ask "so what was the wt of mine? if your sure it's within spec it must have been measured right? again "I dunno,let me call the shop", he gets back on the line in under 90 seconds and says 3 lbs exactly. I'm like boy that was fast, you actualy got thru to your shop, got a tech who got a scale, found my gun, measured it, reported back to you and you to me in 90 seconds, that must be some kind of record. so I go over his head to the mgr and explain the same story and that this has Remington stank all over it and I wouldn't need 2 fingers to pull a 3 lb trigger and believe it was never measured and just new corporate policy to save them the cost of doing a trigger job and they have lost an H&R customer for life and I will make it my mission to post about your poor customer service on every gun forum I can find. remington and H&R's sites are next.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 am

nachogrande wrote:well it looks like H&R has joined the club of Remington takeovers and customer service is in the toilet. don't expect product quality to be far behind. it will be similar to Marlin I imagine. now I'm no gunsmith but have been around them and owned more than a few and have at least 6 diff trigger jobs or replacements, so even with my hands I can tell the difference between a 3 lb trigger pull and an 8 lb one. I returned my varmintmaster to get a 243 bbl with the understanding that they do a free trigger job when buying a new bbl. I got the old remington corporate policy line "the trigger falls within factory spec and we cannot do anything" where have I heard that before? so I call cust srv and get nimrod on the phone and ask him "what exactly is your factory spec wt range", and he doesn't know,has to look it up, tells me 3-8 lbs. then I ask "so what was the wt of mine? if your sure it's within spec it must have been measured right? again "I dunno,let me call the shop", he gets back on the line in under 90 seconds and says 3 lbs exactly. I'm like boy that was fast, you actualy got thru to your shop, got a tech who got a scale, found my gun, measured it, reported back to you and you to me in 90 seconds, that must be some kind of record. so I go over his head to the mgr and explain the same story and that this has Remington stank all over it and I wouldn't need 2 fingers to pull a 3 lb trigger and believe it was never measured and just new corporate policy to save them the cost of doing a trigger job and they have lost an H&R customer for life and I will make it my mission to post about your poor customer service on every gun forum I can find. remington and H&R's sites are next.

Sucks.

Return to “THE ARMORY”