Shooter's World (Tampa)

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Shooter's World (Tampa)

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:53 am

http://www.shootersworld.com/

Place is brand new, just opened a couple weeks ago....
Figured I would give this place a quick pimp out. I wanted to go there before I actually posted about them. I must say it is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Shoot Straight. Seems like the employees are knowledgeable and much more friendly. Prices seemed to be in line with what I could tell with everyone else. Didn't seem too high or too low. They have a ton of accessories, holsters, ammo, shooting bags, cases, etc... Also have a separate room for all the AR stuff. Saw a bunch of long guns but I didn't really look at them

The gun range is state of the art. 27 pistol lanes and 7 100 yard rifle ranges. Each booth has closed circuit TV so there is no spotting scope needed.
$15/hr for pistol range and $18/hr for rifle range, which is kind of high.(but still a better deal than me going all way to Dade City). Year membership for $299 and $399 for the family. I may get the family package on down the road

Definitely worth a look see for yall Tampa folks
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: Shooter's World (Tampa)

Post by Kortsman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 am

My buddy live just down the road from there. I passed by there the other night and it was packed! He said it's awesome in there...

Jerome
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Jerome » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

That range sounds sweet!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Shooter's World (Tampa)

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:34 am

The new shoot straight by me will walk all over the one in tampa.

Sent From Cr0ck1' IPhone most likely from the woods.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:50 am

Shoot straight will never get a penny from me. And thats based on the owner being an ahole.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 am

I bought 2 new scopes this year and it started a whole series of swapping scopes from gun to gun. some guns I tried 3 diff scopes. going to the range each time to zero at 14$/day added up quick, so joining for 300$ one time and 65$/year and 1$/day vs 14$ really made sense. now I can go and just fire 5-20 rounds to test handloads, be more relaxed and not feel I have to bring 3-4 guns and shoot hundreds of rounds to get my money's worth. plus the on bulletin board there I found 4 very good gun deals that more than paid for the dues. so the point being, if you live near the super store, at 18$/hr it will quickly add up to the membership fee. I have a hard time getting in/out of a range in under 1 hour, and hate feeling rushed.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 am

It's literally like 5 minutes from my house. I told the wife to find a baby sitter for a couple hours this weekend. I want to take her up there and let her get some range time in

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout

Post by houseofmicah » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:Shoot straight will never get a penny from me. And thats based on the owner being an ahole.
+1

Devinv
scout

Post by Devinv » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I've tried pretty much all the ranges, dade city being my favorite. Florida firearms academy in Oldsmar is a pretty nice range, owner gave me some 1/2 off range cards. Only complaint with them is i've seen them rent a Glock chambered in .357 sig and give them a box of .357 mag

Return to “THE ARMORY”