I.D. a AK-47 variant

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

bellyacher
First Class Scout

I.D. a AK-47 variant

Post by bellyacher » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 pm

OK GB lets put your thinker to work. Im trying to find out some info on my AK. first off the factory marking is a triangle with arrow in it,not the russian one with feathers on arrow.It has a serial# and a date of 1976 on it, also Im assuming its a date. other than that there nothing else on it but the cal. 7.62x39. It is a underfolder,not aftermarket stuff. has the red bakealite pistol grip and some of the nicest wood Ive ever seen on a AK for the handguard. I know its a Romanian,but which one? I have had a few people see it and tried to buy it on the spot,but would not tell me why thy were so interested in it. I will get some pics of it tomorrow for ya to look at it. Had a dealer that wanted me to bring it to tampa for him to see and said if its what he thinks it is he would buy it right then and I would be very happy.thats all I could get out of him,and not wanting to sell it I didnt take it to him. Thanks in advance for any info you can give on this subject
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Ironcat
Second Class Scout

I.D. a AK-47 variant

Post by Ironcat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 am

Looks similar to this Romanian mark.
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0428.jpg

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Re: I.D. a AK-47 variant

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 am

bellyacher wrote:OK GB lets put your thinker to work. Im trying to find out some info on my AK. first off the factory marking is a triangle with arrow in it,not the russian one with feathers on arrow.It has a serial# and a date of 1976 on it, also Im assuming its a date. other than that there nothing else on it but the cal. 7.62x39. It is a underfolder,not aftermarket stuff. has the red bakealite pistol grip and some of the nicest wood Ive ever seen on a AK for the handguard. I know its a Romanian,but which one? I have had a few people see it and tried to buy it on the spot,but would not tell me why thy were so interested in it. I will get some pics of it tomorrow for ya to look at it. Had a dealer that wanted me to bring it to tampa for him to see and said if its what he thinks it is he would buy it right then and I would be very happy.thats all I could get out of him,and not wanting to sell it I didnt take it to him. Thanks in advance for any info you can give on this subject
Without seeing it and having it physically in my hands I can't tell you anything other than it's most likely Romanian by that marking, but you already knew that. If you'd like to bring it over to Orlando from Springhill/Brooksville I'd be happy to write it up for you at a fee of $150.00.

No idea why anyone would want a Romanian as they AREN'T the most desirable AK's unless it's a milled receiver gun, which is unlikely, most Romanian AK's are stamped parts guns with newer wood installed i.e. the WASR 10-63.

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by X711 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 am

i know why all the interest in it..
its an ak47 and an underfold

period..

low end ak's are still 1,000 range
underfold romy would be the same
don't waste your time at the shop for a 5-600 cash offer after you get there..
post up pictures.. its the little differences that make id'ing them easier

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am

X711 wrote:i know why all the interest in it..
its an ak47 and an underfold

period..

low end ak's are still 1,000 range
underfold romy would be the same
don't waste your time at the shop for a 5-600 cash offer after you get there..
post up pictures.. its the little differences that make id'ing them easier
The prices are coming down. I was at the gun show this past weekend at the Central Florida Fairgrounds and seen low end prefrenzy $400-500 AK's for $800. Side folders for $850-1000. Plenty of plain jane Wasr-10's with asking prices of $1299.00 which were packed up and taken back to where they came from. Same goes for AR's. Plenty of plain jane $600-700 prefrenzy AR's on tables for $1000-1200, not $1500 and up....

Ammo and magazines are gonna be the things to watch and scoff up.... I'd bet we see a 30% tax placed on ammo sometime in the near future...

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

Here's and underfolder with 2 mags for $1K

http://www.floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=243341

Devinv
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Devinv » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm

sounds like a standard wasr10