Any knowledge of Rossi 22's?

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Any knowledge of Rossi 22's?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:16 am

I have a Rossi model 62 SA. If not familiar, this is the pump action 22LR rifle. I have read conflicting reports on the value. I've read they are around $200-250ish with a round barrel, and between $400-800 with the octagonal barrel (which I have). I'm thinking of down sizing on a few guns I have, and don't want to screw anyone and don't want to screw myself either
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

ArcheoGator
scout

Re: Any knowledge of Rossi 22's?

Post by ArcheoGator » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:46 pm

I have the round barrel. What I have found is about the same. It would probably have to be pristine to push $250 for round, since you can find them for $150-180 if you look hard enough. I would imagine the same is true for the octagon barrels. I have not personally seen any octagon barrels going as high as $800, but I'm not really looking either.

Mine was passed to me from a family member, otherwise I would let you know what I paid. Nothing beats a free gun.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm

PM sent
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 pm

I hadn't seen them go that high either, but I did read on a couple sites that people had seen them go in pristine for that. I guess they are a collectors item nowadays. Mine is nowhere pristine, but not bad shape either
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “THE ARMORY”