costco

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

bellyacher
First Class Scout

costco

Post by bellyacher » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 pm

I wanted to let everyone who has a carry permit to know that if you enter Costco with your weapon, you can be arrested. I have been emailed with many options from people responding to my email saying oh the store will just ask you to leave, and if you don't you will be arrested. Others have said how are they going to know you have your gun. Well, it's my option that if you carry in the store after signing their membership accepting their rules, and you have to use your weapon, I believe you will be going to jail ASAP.

I was made aware that Costco has a policy of NO concealed weapons in their stores. They DO NOT post this, but it is burried in their rules when you purchase their membership. If you search through their policy you will find it many paragrahs deep in thier policy.

I emailed Costco with my concern since it isn't posted they are putting many unknowing people in jeporday of being charged and spending time in Jail. They responded to my email saying it is their right to not allow weapons in their stores for everyones protection. I responded that they did have the right to do this, but the only reason they don't post it was they were afraid of loss of money and members. I also told them that they needed to not burry this in their rules as many people never read all those rules during the membership purchase. If posted at least everyone would be aware of this and not risk going to jail.

They emailed back saying that if I couldn't live with the rule, that they would refund my money. I did go back to Costco and they did refund my money, as I CAN NOT support a company that limits my rights, and doesn't post this rule for everyone to see.

I have emailed Costco again asking if there were any plans of posting the fact that concealed weapons were not allowed. They emailed back saying they would forward my email to upper management, and I would be contacted shortly. I told them that if not posted, that I would continue posting on all boards, and since I am a NRA member, I would write the NRA to have them post something to their members. That email stating I would hear back shortly was over 4 weeks ago. So that is why I am posting this again, and I will continue posting until they get back to me, or post their rule for all to see. Again it is their right to allow or not to allow concealed weapons in the store, but don't burry it in the rules and post it for all to see.

I just wanted everyone who carries and frequents Costco to be aware of this. You can call Costco and ask them if you wish to verify, you will get the same answer.
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

costco

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:08 am

Good find thx. I wonder what sams club rules are.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

ArcheoGator
scout

Re: costco

Post by ArcheoGator » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:59 am

Not that we have a Costco here, but I will know they are now on the list. Sure, they have every right to make these declarations, and I have every right not to shop there.

The fact that they don't want their rules posted "because they may lose members" shows how yellow the upper management is.

I refuse to give my money to any company that has such rules. They will be the first ones to cry when they get robbed by thugs who find out everyone is unarmed.

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 am

i have never shopped there and now never will.
I like animals, they are tasty!

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:39 pm

I don't understand the "arrest". You are not breaking the law, you are breaking a rule. There is no intent. interesting. let us know how this goes.

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:41 pm

drgn4sr wrote:I don't understand the "arrest". You are not breaking the law, you are breaking a rule. There is no intent. interesting. let us know how this goes.
In fla. there is no arrest just will be told to leave by cops. In other states from what I gather a person can be arrested
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 pm

ok I can deal with that. screw Costco. I do Sam's anyways. I didn't think the law had changed since I retired. thank you for the clarification.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 am

To begin with, I wouldn't shop at a store that requires you to pay a membership fee. Having said that, concealed is concealed. If I'm legal they can pound sand
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:39 am

I’ve been shopping at Costco and Sams Club for years and always CC. If I was asked to leave the store, I deserve more than that, because, if I’m concealing and doing it correctly they should have no way to tell I am.
Follow my hunting adventures with Twitter: @lolo_hunter

Return to “THE ARMORY”