? for Rem 11-87 Owners

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

? for Rem 11-87 Owners

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Picked up a used Rem 11-87 in 12 ga for the wife to use. I purchased the shur-shot stock and fore-end and am trying to install this weekend. The issue is the collar that sits in the wood fore end. It does not seem to fit in the fore-end of the shur-shot setup. In fact it seems the shur-shot fore-end has a collar set up molded into it. I can get the new fore-end to slide all the way onto the gun but if I place the collar in it, it gets jammed about an inch from the end. Has anyone installed an after market fore-end on a Rem ran into the issue. Collar pic below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: ? for Rem 11-87 Owners

Post by Kortsman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:39 pm

Can't help you with your question, but I like the logo of your club...

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

It's NOT a 3.5 super mag is it?

Remington® ShurShot™ Thumbhole Stock and Forend

This new ambidextrous stock affords right- and left-hand shooters equally astounding levels of shooting comfort and rock-solid accuracy. Whether you're hunting deer, turkeys or predators, the increased maneuverability, light weight and extended-range precision will definitely be appreciated. The ergonomic thumbhole pistol grip gives you better target acquisition, while the new SuperCell™ recoil pad greatly reduces felt recoil. This gives you more accurate first shots and faster follow-up shots. The comb has been specially contoured for rapid eye alignment with your bead, rifle sights or scope. 870 models available in black or Mossy Oak&#174 Obsession&#174. 11-87 models available in black or Realtree® APG HD&#174 Available for models: Remington 870, 11-87. Fits 12-gauge 3" models only. Camo pattern/Color: Black, Mossy Oak® Obsession® , Realtree® APG HD®

ario
scout

Post by ario » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:19 am

I got the same shot gun. I bought a rifled barrel for it two years ago. When I change the barrel to the rifle barrel, I can't use that shim and have been using the gun without it. It operates perfectly fine without it.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:26 am

That's interesting I have read it should not be operated without the collar....after some research on the web I am finding guys who are using a chisel to remove the tabs so that the collar can fit inside the fore end. I guess the tabs are there for the 1100 model.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

"DROP IN FIT" Is kinda like one size fits all, NOT always the case. SOME fitting may be required, OR it may not work at all. Due to the age of the gun it MAY be a bit different than newer ones. I'd contact the mfgr's (of the stock) before altering the stock & making it unable to get a refund. My favorite tools are a small sharp pocket knife, a dremel, a set of assorted small/fine gunsmithing files, & emery cloth. As I'm sure you know, go slow & check the fit often, you can't put material back on, once sanded off. Good luck. As always there is likely a u-tube video on how to do anything.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “THE ARMORY”