Hi Point pistols

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

treefarmer
Ordeal

Hi Point pistols

Post by treefarmer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:27 pm

What do y'all know about High Point pistols? I'm old school, wheel guns, Colt and S&W. Checked out the web site, USA made, life time warranty, kinda' ugly and a very reasonable price. Specs indicate they might be too heavy for a comfortable CCW. Any one have any experience with any of the High Point weapons?
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:25 am

They are all metal big ugly hand guns. They get a bit of an unfair rap. The people that own them and actually keep them clean and lubed love them and find them reliable. Most people that call them junk have never shot one. You can find them brand new for $150
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: Hi Point pistols

Post by X711 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:48 pm

first handgun I owned (10+ years ago).. never failed me, but I kept it clean and lubed.. I had the .40
Father still has his 9mm we bought at the same time..
ugly, heavy but not that bad of a gun..
BUT there is always better out there then a hipoint

FISHORDIE
Tenderfoot

Post by FISHORDIE » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 am

Not bad gun especially for its price and comes with no questions asked unconditional warranty on repair which are free no matter if first owner or 101st owner.
(.Y.)

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 pm

I had the .45, and it was surprisingly accurate. I put maybe 3 or 4 boxes of various factory ammo and maybe 2 boxes of reloads through it without a hitch. Then it developed a problem locking back after the magazine emptied, and it wouldn't release. Sent it back to them, they put a new slide on it, cleaned it up and sent me another magazine for my trouble. Worked like a champ. Ended up selling it to a forum member, he wanted something to keep on his boat, I believe.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Return to “THE ARMORY”