Possible recall on every Rem 700 ever made

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Knew it was a matter of time before they had to get off their wallets and do this

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/b ... ever-made/
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Crazy. Everyone has a 700!

Star Scout

Re: Possible recall on every Rem 700 ever made

Post by 30.06 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:35 am

everyone except me. bout time they did something about those triggers.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:41 am

Yeah I had a Timney trigger put in mine. :rockon
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:03 pm

I had mine worked on.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:31 pm

yea kept me away from them.
Just to many incidents that make you think something wrong

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 am

Don't let the trigger drive you away from one of THE BEST production rifles ever made, in their heyday. If sales aren't a clue, ask the marines/military/police snipers worldwide since
Vietnam. One of, if not the most popular actions for custom rifles as well. Yes some have trigger issues. I have a 1978 40x with a trigger that is unreal, and a 1984-85 model 7 that needed 2 fingers out of the box, and have shot a Mtn rifle with an incredible trigger as good as any timney out of the box. IMO they are worth sinking some $ into them IF NEEDED. To recall ALL of them sounds logistically impossible & many/most would not comply like me. Like I'm gonna send them a rifle with a trigger I now love, for them to bring to TODAYS Lawyer proof spec that basically sux.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:27 am

For however many millions of mdl 700's that were made, any idea of the % of ones that fired when the bolt was closed, IF IN FACT, their fingers were not on the trigger at the time/and the safety off? Yes I've seen it happen on u-tube. Could these rifles have been BUBBA'd first? You also stand a chance of being hit by lightning or swallowed up in a sink hole before you had a chance to fire it. YES REMININGTON ignored a very simple/inexpensive fix, pointed out by designers/employees, basically from the rifles conception, tried to sweep the problem under the rug & got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, & have had to pay thru the nose for it. For those killed, sorry to your families, BUT poor safety/gun handling AT THE TIME, contributed to the fatalities as well as the gun & Rem's blatant attempted cover up . Big business's being unethical shouldn't come as a shock. BIG tobacco/alcohol/ the FDA/fast food/ the automotive industry, kill tens of thousands more of us then REMINGTON. By NO means do I condone their actions, but their are MUCH bigger fish to fry.

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:34 am

Time to shop for a new triggers.
I like animals, they are tasty!

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:07 am

"Time for a new trigger", maybe/maybe not. If it aint broke, & has worked fine, FOR YOU, for a long time, save yourself the time & $ & use the correct method of keeping it pointed in a safe direction when chambering a live round. WHICH YOU SHOULD BE DOING WITH ANY RIFLE ANYWAY. If you knew you were gonna get a nice crisp/clean 3 1/2 pound trigger back from the recall, people would be lining up to send them back. Returning what you may now like, for a trigger that feels like you are pulling a sofa across a gravel road & is +/- an 8 pound pull, doesn't sound like it's a great idea.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:46 pm

This subject came up on a knife forum that I follow and the info posted by Remington says that 700 and Model 7 rifles made between May 1 2006 and April 9 2014 are subject to the recall. The rifles in question have an X-Mark Pro (XMP) trigger.

The link to their site is: http://xmprecall.remington.com/

Maybe this will help clear up some questions.
Treefarmer

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Actually this latest recall is going to be be for every single model 700 ever made.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:51 pm

nachogrande wrote:Don't let the trigger drive you away from one of THE BEST production rifles ever made, in their heyday. If sales aren't a clue, ask the marines/military/police snipers worldwide since Vietnam. One of, if not the most popular actions for custom rifles as well. Yes some have trigger issues. I have a 1978 40x with a trigger that is unreal, and a 1984-85 model 7 that needed 2 fingers out of the box, and have shot a Mtn rifle with an incredible trigger as good as any timney out of the box. IMO they are worth sinking some $ into them IF NEEDED. To recall ALL of them sounds logistically impossible & many/most would not comply like me. Like I'm gonna send them a rifle with a trigger I now love, for them to bring to TODAYS Lawyer proof spec that basically sux.
X2! I've got three that won't be touched.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Well since I owned a gun that occasionally fired on it own I don't want to try for another. Nope was not a Remington.

Return to “THE ARMORY”