Clover/corn food plot

This is a forum to duscuss your Food Plots and Supplemental Feeding

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

sam03
Ordeal

Re: Clover/corn food plot

Post by sam03 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Wow the pic from 2 yrs ago looks amazing! And the wet pic from this season still looks better than my food plots! lol Great work Treefarmer!
I like animals, they are tasty!

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Clover/corn food plot Day 275

As mentioned last week, the season is all but over. There are 4 more M/L days, that includes archery,too. Went to the lease Monday afternoon and saw nothing. Coming home there was a pretty fair buck in the headlights standing near our mailbox. Weather started changing on Tuesday, had folks over for supper Tuesday evening and I didn't go to the woods. This morning it began to rain around 3:30 and it rained lightly all day, by 3pm we had 3/4" added to the 2 rains of 1.5" and 1.4" last weekend. Wet is a well used word in our part of Florida. By the way it is supposed to in the low 30's for the next couple of mornings.

Seems like most every year, late in the season, the deer just disappear around here. They must all go down a gopher hole on a high sand ridge. They are certainly hard to figure out. Since I probably will not hunt here at the food plot the last 4 days this should be the last post concerning this years large failures and small successes.

There are still deer visiting the feeders, but all the pics this week were at least 30 minutes after sundown, how do they know this stuff? Got a few pictures again showing the extreme wet condition we are enjoying. As a young man, we lived for this kind of weather, driving them early 70's F-100s 4X4s with the 9.00X16 non-directional 8 ply tires, 4 speed transmissions, real trucks back then! Now we lumber along in the big ol' tanks with the automatic transmission, electric 4X4 switch on the dash, A/C blowing the right temperature air, pulling a trailer with a golf cart with big tires. How times have changed!

Hope we can follow another food plot from beginning to end for next season.
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 am

treefarmer wrote:Clover/corn food plot Day 275

Since I probably will not hunt here at the food plot the last 4 days this should be the last post concerning this years large failures and small successes.

Hope we can follow another food plot from beginning to end for next season.
Treefarmer
Mr Treefarmer, thank you again for doing this post. I don't always comment on it, but do read and enjoy every single entry to this thread. This is by far the the most informative thread(s) I have followed on any forum I frequent. I look forward to seeing some tractor and disc pics in a few weeks!!
:rock_on
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks for another great year of food plotting! Cant wait for the next Master Food Plot Thread!

:toast :clap
I like animals, they are tasty!

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:07 am

I'll have to agree with the above two posts. I ALWAYS look for updates to this post when I'm on the board. It's good to read and see the photos. I didn't get a chance to get out much this year due to travel & work so this keeps me close to the woods. Thanks again brother!

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Wed May 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Look what I found after the water went down! Things are beginning to dry out and this morning as I was on my way to check a feeder and pull a card from a camera, I noticed clover in the mature Rye. This is the food plot that got too dry just after planting last year and never really got going before the rains started. I'm surprised that this much clover seed survived all the harsh conditions. It might turn out to be enough to draw ol' Bambi next season. The Rye grain will serve as bird feed, there is a lot of Curly Dock coming in this plot but it is also utilized by deer. Probably mow it after a few more weeks.
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FOODPLOTS - SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING”