Tabasco peppers

This is a forum to duscuss your Food Plots and Supplemental Feeding

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Kortsman
Star Scout

Tabasco peppers

Post by Kortsman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 am

I’ve got a tabasco plant that’s loaded with peppers. However they’re all still green. Even the earliest peppers are still green. How long does it take for them to turn red? I haven’t started picking any yet because they haven’t changed color. I tasted one and it was pretty hot, but a little bitter. It seemed like it wasn’t fully ripened yet.
All the pictures I see on the net show them turning color on the plant. Anyone have any experience with these types? This is the first time I’ve grown these.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Tabasco peppers

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 am

I thought I understood them to be hotter while green but all mine would turn red on the plant. I did pull some green ones to make pepper sauce a few times. I think we need some prolonged heat to help them turn.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Tabasco peppers

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 pm

They will turn red. Give it time. One day you will be tired of picking them. The first batch of Chile de Arbol's this year took forever to turn red. The tabasco's are extremely bitter when green, to me anyways
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “FOODPLOTS - SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING”