New gravity/protein feeder

This is a forum to duscuss your Food Plots and Supplemental Feeding

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

New gravity/protein feeder

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:00 am

So I did a quick experiment the last time I filled feeders with protein feed, and the deer responded to it quickly. Unfortunately the hogs and everything else liked it as well. I threw this together yesterday. I pretty much had everything, just had to buy a bit of hardware, and the 2 atrium grates for the bottom. I moved a feeder last trip up that I had on a boat winch. Winch/rope are still there, so I am going to hang this at about 35" where deer only can get to it. This is 4" pvc, it should hold about 70-80 pounds
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Re: New gravity/protein feeder

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:08 am

Never tried protein in mine, one of the guys used soybean in the 6" tubes I made and it worked really good. Gonna have to give that a try. Did you mix corn with it the 1st time around?
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:13 am

Yeah, I put it in my spin feeders, one especially that is up on high and dry ground. Actually bumped deer off of it when we went in. I mixed 50/50 corn and protein pellets. Putting protein in spin feeders is not ideal since it has a tendency to clog. Think I will run Noble Goat feed in one side and record rack in the other, and see what happens. I have Moultrie directional feeders and they throw protein very well. The motor is well encased so it doesn't get moisture
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Here it is hanging.

Return to “FOODPLOTS - SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING”