New food plot for 2017-18

This is a forum to duscuss your Food Plots and Supplemental Feeding

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: New food plot for 2017-18

Post by treefarmer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 pm

It has been almost 2 months since we posted anything concerning the new food plot planted with Durana Clover. The deer love it apparently:
MFDC3292r.jpg
It has been so very wet we haven't been able to mow the weeds and grass that came up with the clover until yesterday. In fact it has been so wet our efforts to plant some red corn in a small patch has totally failed. We were able to plant but the it started raining and it has been impossible to cultivate. I tried and made a mess. It finally got dry enough to run the bush hog about 12" above the ground in the clover, probably need to give it a fertilizer in a few days.
DSCN4761r.jpg
DSCN4757r.jpg
Went ahead and mowed the part that was planted in oats and made a few laps around the whole plot. There is a lot of clover coming up in the dog fennels and Vasey Grass, that is also promising.
DSCN4759r.jpg
DSCN4760r.jpg
Getting ready for the up coming season is always fun even if it is a lot of work. I've got time but not a lot of energy, gettin' old causes me to plan ahead to make things as easy as possible. If the Lord allows us to keep going, we'll try and keep the food plot page going!
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Bossman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Treefarmer as wet as it has been this year I'm surprised that you were able to do what you did because it was so wet. You have always had a big following with the "Treefarmer plot" that everyone like to follow and see what you can produce and the deer pictures that you get on your cameras. You spend a lot of time on your plots and TLC but that is what it takes to put meat in the freezer.
Bossman

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:53 pm

its so wet by me my food plot is a pond.. lol

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I haven't been in the woods for a day or so and since then it has rained a bunch, 4.4 inches in fact! It was already wet as you can see in the picture there is standing water in this semicircle shaped plot that we used last year.
DSCN4846r.jpg
It is in the small field between the shooting house and the Durana Clover planted between the pine rows. Last year it was planted in oats. The 2nd picture shows how it looked last year at Thanksgiving.
DSCN4019r.jpg
The areas not being disked have a substantial amount of clover and are worth leaving undisturbed. I did mow the heavy growth of Dog Fennels and Vasey grass that is in the field.
Do y'all think this ol' gal is pregnant? She sure did pose for her picture.
MFDC4839r.jpg
There is a 6 point that is traveling with that bunch of does, don't know if he is still with his momma or just feeding with them. Once in a while a young buck will stay with his mother for more than one season or he might be one with a lot of potential.
MFDC5010r.jpg
Only 16 weeks until gun season in the Panhandle!
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Your property looks as wet as my old hunt camp. We did the final clean out yesterday and glad to be out of there. Can barely travel the internal roads anymore. Its good to see some trail cam pics. That doe in the last pic looks ready to burst. We are headed up to the new club in GA this weekend, really excited to pull the cameras for the 1st time and see what we got.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Well glad to see that you're getting a little rain farmer, I'd hate to see you all dry and dusty. I do have one question for you though. Are you try to cross breed your deer? It looks like you might have a little strand of pot belly pig in them.
Bossman

Return to “FOODPLOTS - SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING”